Car Transport from State to State is Safe, Fast, and Affordable
Need to ship a car to another state? Then look no further. With over 16+ years of experience shipping cars to other states, AutoStar Transport Express has established a reputation as a responsible state-to-state auto transport company.
We at AutoStar Transport Express believe that transporting your car should be a carefree and effortless process, beginning with our quick response to your quote request, and ending with our careful and direct delivery of your vehicle.
To deliver the most seamless door to door car shipping experience to our customers, we partner with a wealth of reliable partners in all states of America. No matter if you need to ship car to another state across the country, AutoStar Transport Express is the most convenient, safest, and cost-effective way to do so.
We transport a vehicle state to state every month. Get a state-to-state car shipping quote or give us a call at 888-802-8250 We will make your state-to-state auto transport experience luxurious and personalized.
Why People Choose us for State-to-State Car Shipping
You can set up your order and transport cars from state to state in no time with our step-by-step process. Find out why AutoStar Transport Express has ranked #1 state to state car transport company in the nation.
Trusted Shipping Partners
We partner with the best carriers in the United States. Over 60,000 carriers have worked with us, but we maintain a list of 20,000 preferred carriers that we work with regularly.
Wih Over 16+ Years of experience in car shipping from state to state, AutoStar Transport Express moves over 100 cars a day, but still gives each customer the personal attention they expect. Because of this, we have received 10,000+ car shipping reviews from satisfied customers.
Booking as far in advance as possible is the ideal situation. We can also arrange urgent car shipping outside of your city.
Personalized Customer Service
Our team of advisors works hard to ensure you work with the best car shipping company. If you need assistance, feel free to contact our friendly customer service department. You’ll enjoy easy pickup and delivery, ongoing tracking updates, and call-in support at 888-802-8250.
Trusted by the World’s Best Dealers
How to Ship a Car from one State to Another?
A car can be transported from one state to another using several methods: a tow dolly or trailer, a professional driver, driving yourself, or by train. However, hiring an auto transport company is the best, quickest, simplest, and most convenient method of shipping a car to another state.
Methods of Transporting a Vehicle
There may be someone who wants to ship their car to another country or state, while another person may want to move their car locally. Hence, there are different options. Before shipping your car, you must consider the means of transport.
There are two ways to transport a car
- Open-Air Transport: When shipping a car over a short distance, you should use open-car shipping because it is extremely cost-effective.
- The enclosed Transport: Your car is shipped in a container using this method. For shipping a very expensive car, you should consider enclosed car transport. Compared to open-air farming, this method is expensive however, it is much safer than the open-air method.
How Much is the Cost of Transporting a Car from State to State?
Multiple factors are considered when estimating the cost to ship a car to another state such as distance, vehicle size, make and model, route, transport method, vehicle condition, available discounts plus the time of the year, and more
However, you can expect to pay approximately $1.50 per mile for journeys under 300 miles. For moves of 2,000 miles or more, the price drops to $0.55 per mile.
Estimated car shipping times and prices for most popular state to state car shipping routes
|From||To||Cost||Estimated Car Delivery Time|
|Texas ||Michigan||$704||3-5 days|
|New York ||California||$1,500||7-9 days|
|Washington ||Arizona||$766||6-8 days|
|New York||Florida||$863||3-5 days|
Prices are estimated and based on small sedans. They are subject to change according to season, market fluctuations, and maritime rates.
If you want to know the exact estimate for shipping your car to another state, Use our online calculator to get a free and instant quote.
Recommended Resources: How much does it cost to ship a car
Open Car Shipping – State-to-State Car Shipping Rates
It costs an average of $0.65 per mile to move a car from one state to another using open car trailer.
Generally, it costs $1.50 a mile for shipping a car under 300 miles and $ 0.75 a mile for shipping a car between 1,000 and 1,500 miles. The calculations are based on an open-air truck.
Enclosed Car Shipping – State-to-State Car Shipping Rates
State-to-state car shipping can cost up to $1.20 per mile, depending on the distance. For in demand routes, this can be as high as $2.00 per mile, and as low as $.60 per mile if picking up and dropping off in major cities. In general, it costs about 40-60% more than open transport.
When Enclosed Transport Should Be Used
Enclosed car transport is recommended if your specialty car (e.g., a luxury car, a sports car, or an antique car) needs extra protection in transit. It’s a good idea to enclose a vehicle that’s worth over $75,000 as a basic rule.
Additionally, if your car is of sentimental value or if you simply want to ship a car in the safest way possible, enclosed vehicle shipping is the way to go.
Enclosed costs upwards of 40% more than open transport.
Ready to Shipping Your Car to Another State with AutoStar Transport Express?
Call our state-to-state car shipping professionals at 888-802-8250 to answer all your questions.
Get a free car shipping quote.
How Long to Ship Car to Another State
State-to-state car shipping takes 1-6 calendar days from the time a car is picked up to when it is delivered. Typically, a driver covers about 500 miles per day. Typically, the first available pickup date is 2-7 business days after the order is placed, and express vehicle transport can usually be arranged within 24 to 72 hours.
See Also: How long does it take to ship a car?
3 Easy Steps to Ship Car to Another State
Step 1. Get a quote and book your order
We will inform you of the charges involved after you ask for a car shipping quote. Compare our pricing and services to those of other companies. Our prices are very competitive, as you may see.
A full price is given at the time of quotation, and there are no hidden expenses. You are not required to obtain a quote if you ask us, and we can provide door-to-door car dealership transportation.
Step 2. We pick up your vehicle
Set a convenient time and place for your trucker to pick up the vehicle. When the trucker arrives, you’ll inspect the vehicle and sign a Bill of Lading. The trucker will transport your car to its final destination. At any moment during transportation, you may receive an update on its location.
Step 3. Receive Your Vehicle
With our door-to-door auto shipping solution, your vehicle will reach its destination without any problems. We also include comprehensive insurance and a money-back guarantee in the offer.
Don’t forget to get everything in writing on the bill of lading. Ensure that the details in the BOL are accurate before signing i.
Do NOT sign the BOL nor accept the vehicle if there are any discrepancies. If not, contact the company you booked as soon as possible.
Factors that effect state to state car transport prices:
Vehicle (Make and Model)
When you move a car across state lines, you must provide precise vehicle specifications. The transportation company needs to know how much room is necessary. Longer, taller, and specialized vehicles may cost more.
Car shipping Discount
Check with our shipping consultants to see if you qualify for any discounts.
The cost of car transportation services from state to state varies considerably depending on the season. Transporting a vehicle across state lines during the holidays might be costly.
Type of auto transport
The most popular and cheapest method to transport a vehicle is by van, which is open-air transportation. Enclosed auto transport gives better protection because the transport trailer is encircled on all sides. This raises the price, but it provides you complete peace of mind if your automobile is unusual, premium, custom, antique, or classic.
Car Pick-up date
You’re more likely to receive a reasonable price if you can be flexible with the vehicle pick-up date. If you book in advance, you’ll definitely get the best deal on shipping your automobile across state lines.
Car shipping distance
Longer distances tend to cost more overall when you ship a car to another state, although there is generally a reduced cost per mile.
If your car is operating, you will receive a better shipping deal to move it from one state to another. If your vehicle doesn’t have these features, you’ll need a winch or other equipment to position it which adds to the cost.
Car shipping route
This has to do with the routes that the carrier will take when transporting a car from one state to another. Increased congestion in populous areas might affect shipping expenses. Other elements include inclement weather, road work, and road conditions.
How to save money when you ship a car to another state
- Select an open-air carrier. Open-air carriers leave your car exposed to the elements, but they are the most cost-effective option.
- Be Flexible With Car Shipping Dates: You should be flexible with car pickup and drop-off dates. Most auto transport companies are willing to allow you to choose your own dates, but if you can, be flexible.
- Ship your car in the right season: The season often determines the cost of transport. Transporting your car will cost more during peak seasons when travel is most popular. A less-than-ideal transport season, like the fall or spring, can often save you a lot of money.
Want to ship a car in the most cost-effective and simple way? Check out our topic on the cheapest way to ship a car for tips and tricks on getting an affordable auto-shipping quote.
Special Discounts for State to State Car Transport
Some clients can reduce car shipping costs when moving a car from one state to another. Discounts are available for, seniors military members and snowbirds as well as students.
Consult our shipping consultants at 888-802-8250 for more information.
State-to-state car shipping experiences
Here is what our state-to-state transportation service is said to be like
FAQs about State to State Car Transport
Is it possible to ship personal items in my car to another state?
As long as the total weight does not exceed 100 pounds, personal belongings can be shipped inside a car in the trunk or back seats (under the window line). It is not recommended, however, as personal belongings are not covered by insurance.
How much gas can I get in my car?
Ideally, one-fourth of the fuel should be in the tank so that your car doesn’t weigh too much.
Should I use an enclosed car carrier to ship a car to another state?
Although it is safer than an open-air carrier, it is also more expensive. You should consider an enclosed carrier if you are shipping a vintage, luxury, or rare car, or if your car has sentimental value.
Do you offer discounts?
AutoStar Transport Express offers a variety of discounts based on the season. We usually offer discounts to seniors, students, and military personnel. Seasonal discounts may also be offered during the winter when fewer cars are shipped.
What type of paperwork does state-to-state car shipping require
There isn’t a lot of paperwork involved. Don’t forget to bring your driver’s license, insurance, registration, and car title. Having all of these documents on hand will prevent delays in transporting your vehicle, even if they aren’t necessary.
What are other methods for shipping a car to another state?
The following are some additional transport options you might want to explore when moving to another state:
- Hiring a professional driver to ship a car between states: You can ship your vehicle by hiring a driver. A benefit of having someone drive your car to another state is that you can usually ship your personal belongings within the car.
- Tow a vehicle to another state: Alternatively, you can tow your car behind a moving truck or a moving van. When you already have trouble maneuvering a large vehicle, adding a car trailer may not be the best solution.
- Taking a vehicle from one state to another by plane: It is possible to ship a car to another state by plane, but it will cost significantly more to ship than by ship. Even though flying can deliver a car across the country same day, it may not be worth the expense.
- Taking a train to ship a car to another state: Train shipping is a viable option if it’s available. Since dealers often use this method to transport cars from one state to another, it is very difficult to just move one or two vehicles by train.
Can I track my vehicle during state-to-state car shipping?
We’ll send you a link where you can track your vehicle once we confirm delivery for you, or you can always call us and we’ll let you know where it is.
What is the cheapest way to ship a car to another state?
Opting for open carrier vehicle transport service is the cheapest way to ship a car to another state. Terminal-to-terminal delivery and flexible scheduling are additional options that can further lower the cost. With terminal-to-terminal delivery, you drop off and pick up the car at a predetermined location, while flexible scheduling enables transport companies to maximize trailer capacity by picking up vehicles from nearby locations.
How can I prepare my car for transport?
To ensure smooth transport, prepare your car before it hits the road. The auto transport company will be able to tell you specifically what you need to do before pickup, but you should prepare these steps either way:
- Verify that your fuel gauge is no more than one-quarter full.
- Remove all items from your car. Your car may have to be completely empty or the company may just have a weight limit that you must adhere to.
- Take everything out of your car, even those that are not weighty, such as important papers and standalone GPS devices in the glove box.
- Make sure that your car’s tires are inflated and in good condition.
- Check your car’s battery to ensure that it is fully charged.
It’s also a good idea to inspect your car closely for any existing damage and take pictures from all angles. In this way, if it is damaged on the road, you will have proof that the damage was not per-existing and can go through the appropriate insurance channels to get reimbursed.
Is it better to ship my car or drive it?
Road trips seem like the best way to ship a car, but they aren’t always the most efficient. Some car owners may find it appealing to drive their vehicle during long-distance moves, but we’ll list a few downsides.
- It takes time to drive: Getting from one state to another can take a lot of time, and driving thousands of miles just makes it worse.
- Shipments keep your car safe: In contrast to a road trip, where your car is much more susceptible to accidents, mechanical breakdowns, and harsh weather conditions, shipments keep your car safe.
- The miles you drive add up: Taking a road trip from Florida to California adds about 2,700 miles to your car’s odometer. Miles add wear and tear to your vehicle.
- Costs add up on the road: The costs of gas, hotel rooms, and eating out might put a damper on your road trip. A neighboring state may be a good place to move yourself, but long-distance moves can benefit from car shipping.
Think about the time spent on the road, potential costs, and possible damage before making a final decision.
Want To Know More?
For more information on our state-to-state car transport & car delivery service get in touch today at 888-802-8250 or request a free quote below.
Most Popular State to State Car Shipping Routes
AutoStar Transport Express offers a range of state-to-state shipping options
Type of service:
- Door-To-Door Car Shipping
- Enclosed Car Shipping
- Hawaii Car Transport
- Motorcycle Shipping
- Open Auto Transport
- Puerto Rico Car Transport
- Ship A Car Across the Country
- Virgin Islands Car Transport