Ship a car across the country with experts
Need to ship a car across the country? Then look no further. Since launching in 2007, AutoStar Transport Express, a Top BBB-rated car shipping company has established a reputation for reliable and transparent across country vehicle shipping.
We have an advanced network of certified carriers that run coast to coast and border to border, which enables us to provide you with reliable door-to-door car shipping services anywhere in the country.
What Is Cross Country Car Shipping?
Across country auto transport allows you to move car from state to state , city to city, coast to coast, or anywhere in between. Vehicles are picked up and loaded onto trailers and delivered to your designated location. Some companies charge extra for expedited pickup and delivery.
Shipping a car across the country is possible in many different ways, but most are expensive, especially when you factor in all the additional costs.
The most reliable, quick, easy, and affordable method is to ship your car across the country with an auto transport company like AutoStar Transport Express. Using this door-to-door service, you can move your vehicle easily from one side of the country to the other, without any hassle.
How Much Does it Cost to Ship a Car Across the Country?
The average cost to ship a car across the country is about $1.50 a mile for short distances (1-500 miles) or $450 for 300 miles, $0.80 a mile for medium distances (500-1500 miles), or $900 for 1080 mile, and $0.60 per mile for long-distance (over 1500 miles) or $900 for 1500 miles.
The Average Cost To Ship A Car Across The Country
|Albany, NY||Austin, TX||1845 miles||$1,110|
|Fort Lauderdale, FL||Washington DC||1036 miles||$830
|Los Angeles, CA||Tulsa, OK||1432 miles||$1,140|
|Miami, FL||New York City, NY||1280 miles||$1,120
|New York, NY||San Francisco, CA||2906 miles||$1,740|
|Rome, GA||San Antonio, TX||980 miles||$780
|Sacramento, CA||Seattle, WA||753 miles||$600
|San Diego, CA||Dallas, TX||1358 miles||$1,180|
|Spokane, WA||Houston, TX||2101 miles||$1,260|
Estimated prices are based on small sedans. They are subject to change according to season, market fluctuations, and transport type.
Factors that influence car shipping costs
- Make and model: Smaller vehicles are cheaper to transport than larger ones
- Distance traveled: Longer distances cost more than shorter distances
- Delivery time frame: Expedited cross-country auto transport is more expensive
- Transport type: Open car transport is the most cost-effective option for owners of standard vehicles. Enclosed auto transport might be a better option for you if you own a classic, vintage, luxury, antique, expensive, or modified car. It is a little more expensive but offers more protection against the elements.
- Vehicle condition: Because modified or inoperable vehicles require special loading and unloading equipment, it costs more to operate an inoperable vehicle.
- Time of the year: Summer is the best time to ship a car cross-country. During the winter, dangerous road conditions increase costs.
- Location: You may have to pay more if you are transporting your car to a city that is far from the main highway. This means that if you live farther away from the car shipping company and need to arrange transportation to that location, the cost of shipping your car will be higher.
If you want to know the exact estimate for shipping a car across the country, use our online calculator to get a free and instant quote.
What are the Steps to Ship a Car Across the Country?
Using these simple steps, you can easily transport a car across the country:
- Get a quote and book your order: Use our online calculator to get a free instant quote. Alternatively, you can call 888-802-8250 and speak directly to one of our knowledgeable shipping advisors, send us an email, or use our Live Chat option. We’ll give you an all-inclusive price in just a few seconds. Booking with us involves no hidden fees or payments upfront.
- We pick up your vehicle: Your assigned carrier will contact you a few hours before pick-up. The driver will confirm your pick-up details and verify the location is accessible. They can arrange an alternative if the location is unsafe and illegal. You may find a wide street nearby, for example, a parking lot, or you can have it picked up at your work. You can always track your vehicle while in transit using your unique order number.
- You receive your vehicle: Soon, you will receive a phone call confirming that your vehicle is near its delivery location. You can designate a third party to accept delivery on your behalf if you won’t be available. You can choose a friend, relative, colleague, or neighbor, as long as they are over 18.
Options for Cross Country Car Transport
The cross country car shipping process is made much easier by AutoStar Transport Express. We will pick up and drop off your car wherever you like.
With door-to-door car shipping, you can select either an open or enclosed car carrier. The prices of open car transport are lower than those of closed car haulers. As your car is not enclosed, it may suffer rain or snow damage.
Such damage is rare, however.
For classic or expensive cars, enclosed car transport is recommended. Despite the higher price, the protection your car receives from the elements and potential road hazards is worthwhile.
Car Shipping Across The Country: What To Know?
It can be stressful to put your vehicle in the hands of one of the nation’s auto transport companies. In addition to being the second most expensive item you own, your car is likely to have sentimental value as well. Work only with an auto transport company that hires experienced, safe drivers with proper certifications and training.
AutoStar Transport Express is the right choice. Our carrier network covers all of the United States, and we offer multiple long-distance shipping options that are guaranteed to get your vehicle to its final destination.
Because we understand how much your vehicle means to you, we offer a personalized vehicle transport service with 24/7 monitoring, regular updates, and insurance coverage for your peace of mind.
So whether you need to ship a car across the country or transport cars from state to state, AutoStar Transport Express is the safest, and pocket-friendly way to ship a car across the country.
Count on us for Cross Country Auto Transport
Here is why we are better than any ordinary car transport company to ship a car across the country.
There is no upfront payment:
With us, you’ll never pay anything in advance if you’re shipping a car across the US. Our cross-country car transport rates are all-inclusive as well. We only get paid after finding a carrier and dispatching your car.
Our professional team tracks your vehicle and provides the most up-to-date status throughout the delivery process.
Top-Rated and Licensed:
Our company is licensed and bonded with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and has 2000 + 5-star Positive Reviews by satisfied customers on Transport Reviews and the Better Business Bureau for cross country car transport
AutoStar Transport Express secures your car while it is transported across the country. A car’s shipping cost includes insurance coverage and taxes. Our prices are all-inclusive and there are no hidden costs.
Personalized cross country car shipping:
Since everyone’s needs are different, our cross country car transport service is customizable. We will work with you to find the best way to ship a car across the country. You can also contact our dispatch, support, and claims departments for assistance.
Our Transport Coordinators take into account the type of vehicle that you are shipping, the mileage and terrain to be covered, your desired schedule, and the transport market to make a personalized recommendation for what type of carrier is best to cross country car transport.
Ready to Ship Your Car Across the Country with AutoStar Transport Express?
Across Country Car Transport Testimonial
“We use AutoStar Transport Express to ship customer cars all over the country. We are a used car dealer that sells nationwide. AutoStar Transport Express has made it easy to get our cars to our customers in a timely manner. Will be recommending them to all the local dealers as well!!!” Jacob Green
How Long Does it Take to Ship a Car Across the Country?
The time it takes to ship a car across the country depends on several factors. Obviously, distance is a major one.
In general, shipping cars across the country takes 10-14 days. On average, a car transport truck travels 500 miles every day. These are just estimates since there are so many variables. However, a shipment traveling a distance between 1,000 and 1,500 miles will take about 2-3 days.
We ship and transport vehicles as quickly and carefully as possible. Below are the estimated delivery timeframes for shipment:
|Distance to travel||The estimated transit time||Booking to pick-up time on average||Maximal estimated delivery time|
|0-500||1-2 days||5 days||7 days|
|500-1000||2-3 days||5 days||8 days|
|1000-1500||3-4 days||5 days||9 days|
|1500-2000||4-5 days||5 days||10 days|
|2000-2500||5-7 days||5 days||12 days|
|2500-3000||6-8 days||5 days||13 days|
|3000+ miles||9-12 days||5 days||17 days|
The average transit time shown up above can be affected by weather, road conditions, traffic, etc.
Check out more on how long it takes to ship a car here.
Factors to Consider When Shipping a Car Across the Country:
Car Shipping Date:
It’s best to book as far in advance as possible. We can definitely help you with expedited service (whether that’s a faster pickup, a faster delivery, or both) for an increased cost. If necessary, AutoStar Transport Express will let you change your dates before your vehicle is dispatched.
Open auto transport is the most common and economical mode of transportation. If, however, you need to transport a luxury car, a classic car, or a special vehicle, then consider the cost of enclosed cross country auto shipping, which will protect your car from weather and road debris.
Car transport across the country can take two weeks. While most customers receive their vehicles faster when they ship with AutoStar Transport Express, it is recommended that you prepare for a period of time without your vehicle. Click here for a breakdown of estimated shipping times.
AutoStar Transport Express only uses vetted car carriers who have experience shipping cars across the country, because we understand the intangible cost of transportation. Using this method, your vehicle will be handled by professionals who will do whatever they can to make sure it arrives safely and in top condition.
It can be stressful for customers to wait for their orders to arrive. The status of your shipment provides you with peace of mind and allows you to prepare your schedule.
If you ship your vehicle with AutoStar Transport Express, you won’t have to worry about tracking updates. To keep you updated on the shipping process, we offer a vehicle tracking system or car tracker as a standard.
Car Shipping Experience:
We’ll find time for each individual customer. Whenever we ship a car across the country, we pay special attention to detail so you get the best value for your auto shipping cost.
How to Save money when Shipping a Car Across the Country?
Looking for affordable cross-country car shipping? We’ve compiled an in-depth list of insiders tips to help you cut costs when shipping a car across the country:
- If you choose to ship your car between September and November, you may save on shipping costs.
- When shipping a car across the country, open transport car shipping is the most cost-effective method. Open trailers can carry up to ten vehicles at a time. By doing so, they can save a lot of money on transport, fuel, and oil.
- Transporting your car by open auto transport, including terminal-to-terminal delivery, is the cheapest option at any time of year. It will be more expensive to drive to and from both terminals, however. In addition, if there is a storage fee, then door-to-door auto shipping might save you money.
- Car transport discounts are a great way to save money. For example, AutoStar Transport Express offers discounts to military personnel.
- If you need a car shipped quickly, expedited shipping is an option. It costs more to deliver a car quicker, however. Therefore, if you’re looking for the cheapest way to ship a car, make sure to plan it well in advance.
Want To Know More?
FAQs about Shipping a Car Across the Country
Can I ship other things in the car?
According to the FMCSA and the D.O.T., the answer is “no.” However, it is common practice to allow up to 100 pounds of freight in the trunk. The decision is ultimately up to your carrier since anything other than motor vehicles could result in heavy fines and lengthy inspections.
Is my vehicle insured? Will it be safe?
Although damage during transport is very rare, we always prefer to be safe than sorry. All of our carriers are fully insured, which means our quotes include full-coverage insurance with a zero-dollar deductible for you.
How long are the quotes valid?
Quotes are valid for two weeks. Market rates can change drastically on certain routes, either in our favor or against us. For the correct current price, contact your transport coordinator.
How do I pay for my cross-country car transport service?
Zelle is the most common method of payment, but it has daily limits, so everything needs to be done in advance. Alternatively, you can pay by credit card, direct deposit, wire transfer, or PayPal.
How far in advance should I book my cross-country vehicle transport service?
The ideal lead time is a week, but we can start looking at your vehicle today if it’s ready to go! Contact a cross-country car transport advisor to clarify the price and timeline. As soon as the car shipping booking is complete, we will contact you to finalize the details.