We are Experts in Shipping Cars to Guam
The island of Guam is situated around 1,500 miles south of Japan, 1,400 miles east of the Philippines, 2,000 miles north of Australia, and 3,800 miles west of Hawaii. Guam is a managed, unincorporated territory of the United States that acts as the country’s entryway to Asia and the Western Pacific.
The main industry driving Guam’s economy is tourism. Guam is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, drawing thousands of visitors from all around. The other major channel of income is from the U.S. military.
Ship a Car To or From Guam
Looking for the best auto transport company for shipping a car to Guam? AutoStar Transport Express specializes in shipping cars to Guam (Dededo, Mangilao, Tamuning, Santa Rita, Yigo, or the Big Island of Guam) so you can conveniently use your vehicle upon arrival.
Our advanced network of carriers offers you everything from a free Guam car shipping quote to a holistic approach to shipping management, personalized support, and access to our bilingual full-service logistics team.
We will make your Guam car transport experience personalized and easy for you. Just one click will get you a reliable car shipping quote.
Why Choose Us to Ship Your Vehicle to Guam?
The shipping professionals at AutoStar Transport Express know how valuable your vehicle is to you, so they take extra precautions to ensure safe delivery.
- Top Rated and licensed: Our company is licensed and bonded with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, and has more than 3,500 5-star Positive Reviews by satisfied customers on Transport Reviews and the Better Business Bureau for car transport.
- A company preferred by dealerships: More than 16 years of experience in car shipping to Guam. Several major auto brands across the country rely on AutoStar Transport Express for our exceptional car shipping service.
- Competitive prices – We offer competitive rates for shipping a car to Guam. Great rates, quick routes, and the ability to track your car are our guarantees.
- World-class carriers – We work with highly reputable carriers who meet our high standards to ensure your vehicle is handled and transported with care.
- Nothing Down, $0: There are no upfront payments. You will not be charged until a carrier has been assigned to your transport. Get your transport booked today with no upfront payment!
- Vehicle protection at its best: A fully enclosed shipment ensures that your vehicle is protected during transit.
Option for Shipping a Car to Guam
As Guam is an island–or, more accurately, a collection of small islands–the only way to transport a vehicle there is by ship or air freight.
- Roll-on/roll-off (RoRo service): This method applies to any vehicle that is in running condition. It involves simply driving your car onto the ship and then off when it arrives. After the car is loaded on the vessel, it is strapped to the deck to ensure it is properly fixed and does not move during transport.
- Container Shipping: Many owners of high-end vehicles prefer enclosed container shipping because it offers extra protection. Containers are loaded onto the vessel and then unloaded by a crane at their destination. Though more expensive, it is considered the safest and fastest shipping method.
- Terminal to Terminal Car Shipping: You can lower your transportation cost by driving your car to a nearby terminal. There, it will be inspected by our car shipping experts and transported to a terminal near your desired destination
- Door to Door transportation: It is an expensive but safest and most convenient car shipping method.
Required Documents for Shipping Car To Guam
When you cooperate with AutoStar Transport Express, we handle every part of the transportation. Guam is not an exception to the rule that several pieces of documentation are needed for most imports. The following paperwork must be provided to U.S. Customs and the Port of Guam authorities:
- A copy of your license ( US ).
- Year, make, model and VIN number of your vehicle
- Evidence of insurance.
- Lien Holder Authorization Letter: A Lien Holder Authorization letter is required for leased or financed vehicles. It is basically a letter from the bank or dealership giving you permission to ship the car
- Power of Attorney: If the owner is absent, a power of attorney letter must be notarized for another person to deliver and pick up the vehicle.
- Form 3520-21 from the Environmental Protection Agency (not always required).
- 7501 Customs Form.
- Form HS-7 for the Department of Transportation.
- Bill of Lading.
- If your vehicle is more than 25 years old, you must have a signed letter from the EPA authorizing its import. a purchase invoice, value statement, or bill of sale that includes the vehicle’s identification number, make, model, and a brief description.
Port Locations and Hours of Operations
|Mainland Ports||Vehicle Drop-off times||Address|
|Seattle||Mon-Fri, 8:00am-11:30am, 1:00pm-4:00pm||Terminal 5
3443 West Marginal Way SW
Seattle, WA 98106
|Oakland||Mon-Fri, 8:00am-11:30am, 1:00pm-4:00pm||579 Middle Harbor Road
Oakland, CA 94607
|Long Beach||Mon-Fri, 8:00am-11:30am, 1:00pm-4:00pm||1521 Pier C Street
Long Beach, CA 90813
|Guam Ports||Vehicle Drop-off times||Address|
|Cabras Island||Mon-Fri, 8:00am-12:30pm, 1:00pm-5:00pm||Port Authority of Guam
1026 Cabras Highway, Piti
Guam has several legal restrictions, which may make things difficult for you. Guam adheres to the guidelines established by the US government, including the EPA Standards and Department of Transportation regulations.
For no more than a year, any non-US resident will be able to import a car. The EPA will be necessary once this time frame is over.
If the documents are not obtained within the specified time range, there is a cost of $300 to $1,000. The name on the title and registration of the vehicle, if you are bringing one back, must match the owner’s information. No extensions are conceivable if a non-resident imports a car for a year and resides overseas.
Additionally, a non-US citizen who registered the car for tourism is not allowed to sell it.
How to Ship a Car to Guam
Consider yourself blessed if you are sending a vehicle to Guam. It is thought that car importation is easier in Guam than in other nations because Guam is one of the unincorporated territories of the United States. You still need to educate yourself as an importer on Guam’s importation procedures and what you must do to get ready for shipping cars to Guam.
- Check your Car Eligibility for Import: Guam’s importation procedures are regulated by a number of bodies, unlike those in other nations. The EPA, DOT, and FMVSS have regulations that your car must meet. You need further approval from the EPA to demonstrate that your car is not an environmental and safety hazard if it is more than 25 years old.
- Find a Trustworthy Shipping Company like AutoStar Transport Express: Since you need to compare prices before choosing, you will be interacting with a number of car shipping companies nevertheless. These businesses offer free estimates, and typically they enquire about your car and your tastes in order to recommend the finest solution for you.
- Choose a Shipping Method: You have a few options when it comes to moving your vehicle from the US to Guam. The less expensive choice, if money is short, would be RoRo, or roll-on/roll-off delivery. Container shipping is an option if you want to provide your car with extra security. You’ll keep your car in a cargo container.
- Get a Free and Instant Quote: Fill out the quote form, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 888-802-8250 to get a free and instant quote. You will receive the pick-up time, tracking number, and driver’s contact number from our dedicated staff members.
- Pick Up of your Vehicle: As soon as delivery arrangements are finalized, the driver will contact you. You and the driver will inspect the vehicle and sign the bill of lading before picking up the vehicle. At any time during the shipping process, we are happy to provide you with updates.
- Delivery of your Vehicle: We can bring your vehicle straight to your house. Your car will arrive at its destination safely with our door to door car shipping service.
How to Prepare a Vehicle for Shipping a Car to Guam
You can speed up the shipping process by knowing the following information:
- Vehicle Condition: The vehicle must be in working order when tendered for shipment, have a working emergency brake, and be licensed or qualified to operate on public streets or highways.
- Electric vehicles: The battery must be charged between 45% and 50%, not more or less. If not, the port will reject the vehicle.
- Wash the vehicle: Vehicles must have a clean exterior for the load port to conduct a vehicle survey. No dirty vehicles will be accepted. A vehicle with a cracked or damaged windshield or window cannot be shipped.
- Remove all personal belongings. You can only ship tools, accessories, or parts that are normally attached to the vehicle or are permanently installed in the dash, doors, back deck, or console.
The following items should be removed if not bolted in such as loose radios, CDs, tape players, disc players, portable telephones, power boosters, equalizers, radar scanners, extra speakers, decorative ornaments, auto protective covers/auto bras, truck tailgate nets, roof racks, car alarms, and Any peripherals or accessories not secured to the vehicle etc.
- Don’t Fuel-up: Please deliver your vehicle with 1/4 tank or less fuel. Please contact our Customer Service Center at 888-802-8250 if your vehicle runs on alternative fuels – propane, electric, natural gas, etc.
- Remove Fire Extinguishers: The federal government prohibits shipping fire extinguishers with automobiles.
Empty Propane tanks: When shipping vehicles with propane tanks, the propane tanks must be empty of liquid and fumes. Empty propane tanks must be marked and certified as “gas free” by authorized propane dealers.
Car Transport Special Discounts
There is a special discount for Seniors, Students, and Military members who want to transport one or more vehicles to or from Guam when choosing our auto transport services.
Guam Car Transport FAQs
Shipping your car to or from Guam sounds scary and complicated, right? Well, it can be if you choose the wrong shipping company. Fortunately, we have answered the most important questions to eliminate guesswork.
Can I transport my inoperable vehicle to Guam?
Yes, this must be specified before we begin to do the booking! AutoStar Transport Express has a decade of experience in shipping non-running or inoperable vehicles, Our Experts can transport any type of non-running vehicle.
How can I transport my luxury, exotic, or classic car to and from Guam?
Transporting your luxurious, exotic, or classic car requires special caution.
- Choose the best options to transport your vehicle
- Be aware of the safety precautions required and specify any special care required for your vehicle
- Understand the delivery process of your car shipping.
What happens if your car does get damaged?
If damage is reported the standard procedure for submitting a damage claim will be followed and customers will be kept in the loop every step of the way.
Am I allowed to ship a car to Guam with my personal items in it?
Nope, the rules for shipping a car to Guam are pretty strict on this and all personal items must be removed.
How can I track my vehicle?
Once we confirm the transport for you, we’ll send you an email with a link where you can track your vehicle or you can always give us a shout and we’ll let you know where it is!
Will my car be exposed to the elements?
Your vehicle will be towed underneath the deck of a ship for the duration of the trip, even though the ports are not covered. In transit, it will be well protected.
How can I pay?
The most common payment form is through Zelle and it has daily limits, everything has to be prepaid in order for the vehicle to be released. You can also pay through Credit Card, Direct Deposit, Wire Transfer or PayPal.
Our Successful Guam Car Transport Reviews
Here is what our Guam car shipping service is said to be like.