A lot of people consider buying a used car in Puerto Rico, but don’t want to buy a stolen car. How can I be sure the seller isn’t cheating me? Is buying from a private seller safe? I will discuss all things related to purchasing a car in this article, from top car dealerships in Puerto Rico to useful tips on buying a used car in Puerto Rico.
Is Buying from a Private Seller Safe?
If you’re looking to buy a used car, buying from a private seller could be less expensive than buying from a dealership – but it comes with some risks.
But you’ll also have to deal with all the paperwork associated with a private sale. Furthermore, you won’t have access to dealer financing or other protections that consumers can obtain when purchasing a car from a dealership. A private car sale, for example, may not come with a warranty, depending on the terms of the agreement.
When you decide to buy your new or used car from a dealership rather than a private seller, you will have to deal with an aggressive salesman. Standing your ground is the only way to get what you want. Otherwise, a salesman might end up persuading you to buy something more expensive than you wanted.
The Best Car Dealerships in Puerto Rico
Here is a list of the most highly rated car dealerships in Puerto Rico on Google
- Toyota de Puerto Rico – In Puerto Rico, Triangle Toyota has a 4.6-star rating with over a thousand Google reviews, making it one of the most trusted dealers. “They offer excellent stock of new Toyota, pre-owned Toyota, and certified pre-owned Toyotas.”
- Alberic Auto Bayamon – The Auto Bayamon offers a wide selection of vehicles, including Jeep, Kia, Nissan, and more. They have a 4.7 rating on Google with over one hundred reviews.
- Caribbean Auto Distributors – Caribbean Auto Distributors specializes in the sale of Hyundai, Kia, and Mitsubishi vehicles. With over a thousand reviews, they have the best rating in Puerto Rico with a 4.9-star rating.
- Autogermana BMW – Having received over 300 positive reviews thus far, Autogermana BMW maintains a 4.7 overall rating. The company specializes in BMW sales.
- Ricardo Caballero Nissan – This automotive leader in Puerto Rico offers a wide variety of Nissan vehicles and looks forward to working with you to find the right Nissan for your needs. With over one hundred reviews on Google, they have a 4.7 rating.
See also: 5 Best Online Car Auction Sites of 2022
Advice for Buying a Car from a Dealership
Here are 6 tips to ensure you get the best deal when shopping for a new car:
- Avoid impulse purchases – Don’t be impulsive and buy your dream car on the spot if you see it. Try to act as if you are still unsure. You will be able to lower the price this way.
- Bring a friend – It is always a good idea to bring a friend with you for support. They will be able to be more objective than you and will be able to let you know if you are making a bad deal.
- Negotiate with final full cost in mind – In discussing price, you should always use the final price as the absolute number. If you do not, a bunch of final fees may be added at the end, which could increase the price considerably.
- Never Buy Anything Without an Inspection – Taking a closer look at a car in person can reveal its many problems, even though it may look good online. Arrange a meeting to see the car on your own. You would be wise to have your car inspected by a professional since it will ultimately save you time and money.
- Don’t Trust Blindly – Private sellers might have traps in store for you if you plan to buy from them. Do not buy anything at a price that seems too good to be true, and seek expert advice if something seems suspicious.
- Consider shipping your car to Puerto Rico – It is always possible to ship a car to Puerto Rico from the USA. This way you will not have to spend as much money on buying a car in Puerto Rico
Purchasing a car can be a long, costly, and frustrating process. However, when you are prepared and you know what to do, the experience will be an enjoyable one. This method will also help you save money.
Don’t forget that you can always choose car shipping instead of purchasing one. Just give us a call at 888-802-8250 right now.