Check out our Hawaii Car Shipping Service Ratings
Ship a Car to or from Hawaii
Looking for the best auto transport company for shipping a car to Hawaii? Autostar Transport Express specializes in shipping cars to Hawaii (Kauai, O’ahu, Maui, or the Big Island of Hawaii) so you can conveniently use your vehicle upon arrival.
Our advanced network of carriers offers you everything from a free Hawaii car shipping quote to a holistic approach to shipping management, personalized support, and access to our bilingual full-service logistics team.
We will make your Hawaii car transport experience personalized and easy for you.
Just one click will get you a reliable car shipping quote.
Hawaii Car Shipping Information
It’s sometimes best to leave the auto transport to the professionals. You will receive the highest level of customer service and communication from our Hawaii car transport coordinators.
Through our strategic partnership with Matson, we can secure competitive rates and fast shipping. Using our online quote form or directly calling one of our representatives, you can start Hawaii car transport at your convenience from anywhere and at any time.
Our friendly customer service department will help you make a booking and answer all your questions about shipping a car to Hawaii. Call us at 888-802-8250 to get a free & instant quote today.
How Do I Ship My Car to Hawaii?
- Request a car shipping Hawaii Quote: We will provide you with an instant quote, and book your order. Start by filling out the quote form, emailing us at [email protected], or calling us at 888-802-8250.
- Pick up: After you prepare your vehicle, we can pick it up from anywhere in the United States and transport it to our shipping port on the U.S. mainland. You can call us at any point during transportation for a tracking update.
Departure Shipping Ports in the U.S. Mainland:
Long Beach, CA
- Arrival in Hawaii: Once the car arrives in Hawaii, our team of experts will inspect your vehicle to determine the current state of your vehicle at the time it is unloaded. You will be notified when your vehicle is ready for pickup. Sign your bill of lading and final inspection report to get your vehicle.
Destination Ports in Hawaii:
You can always rely on our door-to-door car transportation service to safely deliver your car to your home.
Ready to Book your Car Shipment?
Request a free quotation below or call 888-802-8250 to get a real-time response from AutoStar Transport Express.
Hawaii Car Transport Services
- Door to Port Service: The easiest and most affordable way to ship a car to Hawaii from mainland areas without direct access to the west coast; or suitable for those who wish to avoid driving long distances. Your vehicle will be safely transported to the port by our fully licensed and insured carriers from your home or office.
- Port to Door Service: When your vehicle arrives at one of the ports in Hawaii, our professional auto transporters will be there for pick up and delivery to your home or office.
- Port to Port Service: Lower your transportation costs by driving your car to a nearby port. An inspection will be performed by our car shipping Hawaii experts and transported to a terminal near your desired destination.
For door to port transportation, you have two options to transport a car:
- Open Car Transport: This is an affordable option, but the shipping can take some time.
- Enclosed Car Transport: Though more expensive, this shipping method is considered to be the most secure and fastest.
Are you ready for shipping your car to Hawaii?
Get in touch with AutoStar Transport Express today at 888-802-8250, or complete the quote request form below to request a free quote.
If you are planning to move to Hawaii, it quickly becomes apparent that you need a car to get around. For a very short stay, renting a car is a viable option.
However, if you plan on staying in Hawaii for more than a few days, rental costs add up quickly. A month-long car rental can easily cost more than $1,000. Now the big question is:
How Much Does it Cost to Ship Car to Hawaii?
A vehicle typically costs $1,650 to $3,100 to ship from the U.S. mainland to Hawaii and $1,150 to $2,600 for shipping a car from Hawaii to the mainland. Note that vehicle shipping costs are estimated and vary by make and model, time of year, and shipping route to Hawaii.
|From||To Honolulu Port||To Hilo, Nawiliwili, Kahului Port||From Honolulu Port||From Hilo, Nawiliwili, Kahului Port|
|NYC, New York||$2650||$2900||$2100||$2450|
|Charlotte, North Carolina||$2350||$2600||$1850||$2150|
Prices are estimated and based on small sedans. They are subject to change according to season, market fluctuations, and maritime rates.
For more information about the cost to ship a car to Hawaii, visit our car shipping pricing page or use our instant quote calculator below to get an accurate estimate.
Why Do People Choose Us For Shipping Car to Hawaii?
By providing hassle-free and cost-effective Hawaii car transport services, AutoStar Transport Express has become one of the leading car shipping companies in Hawaii and the Mainland.
- Top-Rated and Licensed: Our company is licensed and bonded with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, and has 1000+ 5-star Positive Reviews by satisfied customers on Transport Reviews and the Better Business Bureau for Hawaii car transport.
- Hawaii Car Transport Tracking: Our professional team tracks your vehicle and provides the most up-to-date status throughout the delivery process.
- On-Time Delivery: Being the best Hawaii car shipping company means making sure your car gets to you on time. Our vast fleet of carriers allows us to deliver your vehicle quickly and efficiently.
- Most Competitive Rates for Car Shipping Hawaii: We give the best price, find the quickest and most efficient routes and ensure that you can track your car transportation at any moment.
AutoStar Transport Express is capable of shipping your car to Hawaii in a shipboard garage, in a frame specially designed for auto transport, or in a closed container while ensuring the safety and security of your vehicle so you can focus on more important things.
Latest Hawaii Car Transport Testimonial
“We had an excellent experience. Our car was picked up the day we confirmed the shipping. It was delivered all the way to Hawaii one day ahead of the quoted schedule. The car arrived in the same condition in Hawaii as it was when it was picked up in Virginia.” David Gunnarson
Talk to us
We have transport coordinators ready to help you! For any questions regarding moving a car to Hawaii, please call us at 888-802-8250. If you want to get a free estimate of our services, complete the form at the top of the page.
Documents Required to Ship a Car to Hawaii
There is no additional paperwork required to ship a vehicle to Hawaii from the mainland except for the VIN number, the color of the vehicle, and the state of registration.
However, when vehicles are shipped from Hawaii to the mainland, owners must submit the following documentation:
- Lien Holder Authorization Letter: For leased or financed vehicles, you will need a Lien Holder Authorization letter. Note: notarized letters are only valid for 30 days from the date of issue.
- Power of Attorney: When the owner is absent, a notarized power of attorney letter is required so another person can deliver and pick up the vehicle.
- Corporate Resolution: If the CAR is the company’s property, it must be accompanied by a copy of the company’s Corporate Resolution which confirms the shipment.
Whether you are moving to Hawaii, permanently moving to a new county within the state, or purchasing a vehicle in Hawaii, you must register your vehicle with the Hawaii Department of Transportation.
Your vehicle must be registered in the county where you live. A new resident of Hawaii has 30 days to register their car. A safety inspection certificate is required to complete the registration process.
Learn more about vehicle registration in our trending article: “How to Register a Car in Hawaii“
How to Prepare Your Car for Hawaii Car Transport
- When your vehicle is loaded onto the truck, it should be locked and not opened until it is delivered.
- Ensure that your vehicle must be empty. No personal items are allowed.
- Make sure the vehicle does not have any cracks or damages on the windshield or windows.
- Make sure the emergency brake works properly.
- The vehicle can only have a 1/4 tank of fuel.
- Keep your vehicle as clean as possible for a quick inspection.
- If a vehicle is modified in any way, customers must disclose the information and we will need to confirm with Matson the rate.
- If the vehicle is over 7 feet high, we would need to contact Matson for a new rate.
- Vehicles must have at least 6 inches of ground clearance.
Who Can Pick Up a Vehicle in Hawaii
The car can be picked up in Hawaii by a friend or relative. Let us know several days before sailing so we can update the paperwork.
Anyone picking up your car will need a picture ID, a copy of your title of ownership, and a NOTARIZED letter of permission. If you notify us after the cargo has been loaded, the shipping line will charge you for the changes.
Buying a Car Online in the USA and Shipping to Hawaii
You can purchase used cars, new cars, and salvage titles from many online car-buying websites. Cars with salvage titles are accepted in Hawaii. You can reduce shipping costs by buying a car online close to the west coast of the United States. Basically, you can reduce shipping costs by buying as close as possible to departure ports.
Related article: 20 best-used car websites in 2022
Related article: Top online places to buy classic cars
Related article: The 10 best online car auction sites in 2022
Once you have purchased your car online, contact us so we can pick it up and ship it to Hawaii.
Custom Solution for Hawaii Car Transport
AutoStar Transport Express specializes in shipping all types of vehicles to or from Hawaii including cars, motorcycles, military and armed forces equipment, trucks, off-road vehicles, heavy machinery, inoperable vehicles, RVs, and more.
99% Of Our Customers Refer Us To Friends
How Long Does it Take to Ship a Car to or from Hawaii?
Shipping a car between Hawaii and the mainland can take anywhere between 7 and 35 days.
Below is a complete schedule for shipping cars to or from Hawaii.
Approximate Transit Time for Hawaii Car Transport
|West Bound Hawaii – Mainland to Hawaii|
|Port||Cut Off||Sailing||Transmit Time*|
|OAK||Monday 2 pm||Thursday-DKI||11-13(HON)/ 17-19(NI)|
|OAK||Monday 2 pm||Thursday-LUR||10-12(HON)/ 17-19(NI)|
|LAX||Tuesday 4 pm||Saturday- LUR/DKI||10-12(HON)/ 17-19(NI)|
|SEA||Thursday 4 pm||Saturday- MWI/MHI||11-13(HON)/ 16-18(NI)|
|East Bound Hawaii – Hawaii to Mainland|
|Port||Cut Off||Sailing||Transmit Time*|
|Honolulu to West Coast|
|HON-LAX||Tuesday 3 pm||Friday-DKI/ Saturday-LUR||10-12 days|
|HON-OAK||Tuesday 3 pm||Thursday-LUR/ Friday-DIR||7-10 days|
|HON-SEA||Wednesday 3 pm||MHI/MWI||8-9 days|
|Neighbor Islands to West Coast|
|HIL-LAX||Tuesday 10:30 am||Saturday (LUR Only)||12-14 or 19-21 days|
|HIL-OAK||Tuesday 10:30 am||Thursday-LUR/ Friday-DKI||17-19 days|
|HIL-SEA||Tuesday 10:30 am||Sunday||12-13 days|
|KAH-LAX||Friday 2:30 pm (Storage M-W)||Friday-DKI/ Saturday-LUR||17-19 days|
|KAH-OAK||Friday 2:30 pm (Storage M-W)||Thursday-LUR/ Friday-DKI||14-17 days|
|KAH-SEA||Friday 2:30 pm (Storage M-W)||Sunday||17-18 days|
|NAW-LAX||Thursday 11:00 am||Friday-DKI/ Saturday-LUR||18-20 days|
|NAW-OAK||Thursday 11:00 am||Thursday-LUR/ Friday-DKI||15-18 days|
|NAW-SEA||Thursday 11:00 am||Sunday (following)||17-19 days|
|West Bound Guam / Saipan|
|Port||Cut Off||Sailing||Transit Time*|
|LAX-GUM||Friday 4 pm||Wednesday||14-16 days|
|OAK-GUM||Tuesday 2 pm||Friday (LUR/DKI)||19-21 days|
|SEA-GUM||Thursday 4 pm||Saturday (MWI/MHI)||25-27 days|
|HON-GUM||Wednesday 3 pm||Wednesday||7-9 days|
|East Bound Guam / Saipan|
|Port||Cut Off||Sailing||Transit Time*|
|Gum-LAX||Wednesday 4 pm||Wednesday||18-20 days|
|Gum-OAK||Wednesday 4 pm||Wednesday||34-36 days|
|Gum-SEA||Wednesday 4 pm||Wednesday||35-37 days|
|Gum-HON||Wednesday 4 pm||Wednesday||27-29 days|
All shipping times are estimated based on ideal scenarios for shipping. Plan ahead and DO NOT wait until the last minute when it comes to booking your order if you need it by a certain date.
Give us a call and we can give you the specific details. No commitment is required.
Hawaii Car Transport FAQs
Shipping your car to or from Hawaii sounds scary and complicated, right? Well, it can be if you choose the wrong shipping company.
Fortunately, we have answered the most important questions to eliminate guesswork. If you want a more personalized answer, skip to the end for the last step.
Can I transport my inoperable vehicle to Hawaii?
Yes, this must be specified before we begin to do the booking! AutoStar Transport Express has a decade of experience in shipping non-running or inoperable vehicles, Our Experts can transport any type of non-running vehicle.
How can I transport my luxury, exotic, or classic car to and from Hawaii?
Transporting your luxury, exotic, or classic car requires special caution.
If you need land transport in addition to your maritime shipping, it’s important to take the appropriate steps to:
- Choose the best options to transport your vehicle
- Be aware of the safety precautions required and specify any special care required for your vehicle
- Understand the delivery process of your auto transport.
What happens if your car does get damaged?
If damage is reported the standard procedure for submitting a damage claim will be followed and customers will be kept in the loop every step of the way.
Can I transport my oversized vehicle to Hawaii?
Yes! If it falls within 21 ft long 8 inches long, 8 ft wide, and 7 ft you’re good. If it’s bigger and for a different cargo, have your dimensions ready so we can give you the accurate cost of shipping.
Am I allowed to ship a car to Hawaii with my personal items & household goods in it?
Nope, the rules for shipping a car to Hawaii are pretty strict on this and all personal items must be removed.
… Except for two baby seats, properly strapped to the back seat. They limit our creativity here.
How can I track my vehicle?
Once we confirm the transport for you, we’ll send you an email with a link where you can track your vehicle or you can always give us a shout and we’ll let you know where it is!
How can I pay?
The most common payment form is through Zelle and it has daily limits, everything has to be prepaid in order for the vehicle to be released.
Have any more questions? We have answered some of our most frequently asked questions car shipping faqs about Hawaii car shipping to provide more information and tips.
Hawaii Car Shipping Prices For All States of the U.S.A.
These are examples of price scenarios that include the cost to ship cars to Hawaii from each state. There are 4 ports in Hawaii: Honolulu, Kahului, Nawiliwili, and Hilo. The rate we provide is fully inclusive. In other words, we do not impose hidden fees or other charges.
|State||City||To Honolulu Port||To Hilo, Nawiliwili, Kahului Port||From Honolulu Port||From Hilo, Nawiliwili, Kahului Port|
|New York||Long Island||$2750||$3000||$2250||$2550|
|Utah||Salt Lake City||$1995||$2250||$1495||$1795|
Disclaimer: Prices are estimated and based on small sedans. They are subject to change according to season, market fluctuations, and maritime rates.
Want To Know More?
Call 888-802-8250 for more information about Hawaii Car Shipping or request a free quote.
Is it Really Expensive to Ship Car to Hawaii?
Our auto-moving services are affordable, safe, and convenient for anyone who needs their vehicle shipped. As Hawaii consists of several small islands, it is only possible to transport a vehicle by ship.
Since boats can transport several vehicles simultaneously (the cheapest way to ship a car), it’s the best option at the moment.
RORO vessels generally carry vehicles in controlled climates. On the ocean, this method is the most cost-effective method for transporting vehicles.
Can I Ship a Leased Car to Hawaii
It is not prohibited to ship a financed car. You can take it anywhere in the US, but if you’re shipping to Hawaii, you’ll need a copy of the original letter and possibly more information from the lien holder. Learn more about shipping a leased car to Hawaii.
Is It Better To Buy A Car In Hawaii Or Ship It?
Purchasing a car in Hawaii can be a better option in certain circumstances. However, it may be more cost-effective to have your car transported instead of purchasing a new vehicle in most cases as this will provide you with the best solution.
Shipping is often a better option than buying a new one, in our experience.
Want to know more about whether or not it’s better to buy a car in Hawaii or ship it? This trending and detailed article might be helpful for you in this regard.
- Inter-island car shipping to Hawaii
- Military Car Shipping to Hawaii
- Shipping RV to Hawaii
- Luxury and classic car shipping to Hawaii
- Motorcycle Shipping to Hawaii
- Oversized vehicle and heavy equipment transportation to Hawaii
Hawaii Car Shipping Routes
- California to Hawaii
- Hawaii to Mainland
- Hawaii to California
- Hawaii to Texas
- Seattle to Hawaii
- Hawaii to Puerto Rico
- Hawaii to Portland
- Alaska to Hawaii
- Los Angeles to Hawaii
- Hawaii to East Coast
- Florida to Hawaii
- New York to Hawaii
- San Diego to Hawaii
- How much does it cost to ship a car to Hawaii?
- How to move a car that doesn’t run to Hawaii?
- Buying a car in Hawaii or car shipping?
- Rules for shipping a car to Hawaii
- Can you ship a financed car overseas?
- The cheapest way to ship a car to Hawaii
- Is it Expensive to Live in Hawaii?
- How to register a car in Hawaii
- How long does Hawaii car shipping take?
- Best Places to live in Hawaii
Our Successful Hawaii Car Transport Reviews
Here is what our Hawaii car shipping service is said to be like.