Maui is the second-largest and most populous island in the Hawaiian island chain. In fact, it has a reputation for being one of the world’s best islands. Over 1.3 million years ago, a volcano erupted on the island, creating it. Around 144,000 people live on the island.
Maui is a place where you find plenty of beaches like Monokini, Honolua Bay, and a host of others. As springs and falls are mild with moderate levels of sunshine, and summers are warm to go on a family vacation, for all these activities, people will probably travel a lot and they will need to rely on their own cars for where they need to go.
If you are planning for shipping a car to Maui. AutoStar Transport Express provides quality auto transport service and also transports all kinds of vehicles from or to Maui.
Our experts offer a range of services, like free car shipping quotes, personalized support, and value-added services since 2007. If you’re looking for a safe, reliable, and affordable way to ship your car, you’ve come to the right place!
Top Rated Auto Transport Maui Experts
We are one of the top-ranked Maui auto transport companies, offering hassle-free and friendly services to our customers.
Here are some reasons why we ranked top in auto transport service:
- Top-Ranked Auto Transport Maui: Our company has more than 3,500 positive car shipping reviews on five major review sites. We are licensed and bonded by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
- No Up-Front Deposit Charge: Your shipment isn’t charged until the day it is picked up.
- Vehicle Tracking: We keep you updated by providing us with your email address and order number so we can track your vehicle.
- Friendly & Trained Staff: Our team members are experienced, well-trained, and well-versed in the handling of auto shipping and transportation. From commuter cars to classics and collectors, we ship it all.
- Insurance coverage: Carriers in our network are required to carry insurance.
- No Hidden Charges: The rates we offer for vehicle shipping are competitive and there are no hidden fees. Providing hassle-free auto transport is our goal.
Ready for shipping a car to Maui?
- Give us a call! We can answer any questions about auto transport from or to Maui at 888-802-8250. Get a free quote by filling out the form at the top.
Deliver Your Vehicle Stress-Free, Get a Free Quote to Maui
Every customer is important to us. Here is why we are better than any ordinary car transport company for shipping a car to Hawaii:
- More than 16 Years of experience in car shipping
- 500+ 5-star Positive Reviews by satisfied customers on Successful Maui car transport.
- Shipping & tracking updates and in-person support on 888-802-8250.
- The most competitive car shipping rates in the Industry for Maui.
- Weekly auto transportation to or from Maui means fewer delays for your vehicle to depart.
Option for Auto Transport to/from Maui
As Maui is an island–the only way to transport a vehicle there is by ship.
- Roll-on/roll-off (RoRo service): This shipping method applies to any vehicle that is in running condition. It involves simply driving your car onto the vessel and then off when it arrives. After the car is loaded on the vessel, it is strapped to the deck to ensure it is properly fixed and does not move during transport.
- Container Shipping: Many owners of high-end vehicles prefer container shipping because it offers extra protection. Containers are loaded onto the vessel and then unloaded by a crane at their destination. Though more expensive, it is considered the safest and fastest shipping method.
- Terminal to Terminal: You can lower your transportation cost by driving your car to a nearby terminal. There, it will be inspected by our Hawaii car shipping experts and transported to a terminal near your desired destination
Documents Required for Shipping a Car to or From Maui
- Provide the following:
- The vehicle’s VIN number, year, make, model, color, and license plate number are required.
- Current title and registration
- Lien Holder Authorization Letter: It is required for vehicles that are leased or financed. A letter allowing you to ship a vehicle from a dealership or bank.
- Power of attorney: When the owner is absent, a notarized power of attorney letter is required.
- Corporate Resolution: A copy of the company’s corporate resolution must accompany vehicles belonging to the company.
Port Locations and Hours of Operations
|Mainland Ports||Vehicle Drop-off times||Address|
|Seattle||Mon-Fri, 8:00am-11:30am, 1:00pm-4:00pm||Terminal 5
3443 West Marginal Way SW
Seattle, WA 98106
|Oakland||Mon-Fri, 8:00am-11:30am, 1:00pm-4:00pm||579 Middle Harbor Road
Oakland, CA 94607
|Long Beach||Mon-Fri, 8:00am-11:30am, 1:00pm-4:00pm||1521 Pier C Street
Long Beach, CA 90813
|Hawaii Ports||Vehicle Drop-off times||Address|
|Honolulu||Mon-Fri, 8:00am-3:00pm||1411 Sand Island Pkwy
Honolulu HI 96803
|Kahului||Mon-Fri, 7:00am-11:30am, 1:00pm-3:30pm||Kahului Harbor
Kahului, HI 96732
|Hilo||Mon-Fri, 7:30am-11:30am, 1:00pm-3:30pm||Hilo Harbor
55 Kahanu Street
Hilo, HI 96720
|Nawiliwili||Mon-Fri (except Wed), 7:00am-11:30am,|
Lihue, HI 96766
How Much to Ship a Car To Maui?
You can easily calculate the better-estimated price of shipping cars to or from Maui with our car shipping calculator.
The car shipping cost will increase with the distance from or to the destination. The size and weight of the vehicle, and any special shipping requirements are additional variables that may influence car shipping costs.
Maui Auto Shipping Estimated Costs and Time
|From||To||Estimated Costs in $||Estimated Transit Time|
|Las Vegas||Maui||$2000||11-13 Days|
|Salt Lake City||Maui||$2250||16-18 Days|
|New Orleans||Maui||$2700||16-18 Days|
The rates and times are estimated for mid-sized sedans and could change depending on fuel prices and vehicle type.
Which Vehicles Do We Ship from or to Maui?
Our team is specialized in shipping all kinds of vehicles including cars, trucks, motorcycles, RVs, ATVs, ATVs, military vehicles, Heavy Machinery, trailer, and inoperable vehicles even though it’s a bit more complicated since the customer has to bring the vehicle with its own platform to ship.
People and Businesses We Normally Serve for Maui Car Shipping
People have to ship their vehicles to Maui for various types of reasons, including:
- Classic Car Sales and Restorations
- Corporate Relocations
- Military & Armed Forces
- Vacations and Seasonal Relocations
We have a huge network of auto carriers for all of your specific needs. Choose an enclosed trailer for vehicles that need extraordinary special care or choose an open car transport that’s reliable, safe, and affordable for anyone.
We offer services to and from these areas in Maui
96708, 96713, 96729, 96732, 96733, 96748, 96753, 96757, 96761, 96763, 96767, 96768, 96770, 96779, 96784, 96788, 96790, 96793 & surrounding areas.
How to Prepare a Vehicle for Shipping a Car to Maui?
When shipping vehicles, they must be in operable condition. In addition, it must have an emergency brake and a highway license. You can speed up your move by following these tips:
- Electric vehicles: Ideally, the battery should be charged between 45% and 50%. Otherwise, ports will reject your vehicle.
- Wash the vehicle: The load port requires all vehicles to have a clean exterior in order to conduct a vehicle survey. Vehicles that are dirty will not be accepted. Shipping is not possible for vehicles with damaged or cracked windows.
- Remove all personal belongings: You can only ship tools, accessories, or parts normally attached to or permanently installed in the dashboard, doors, back deck, or console. Remove the following items, if not attached to the vehicle
Loose radios and Extra Speakers CD's and radar scanners
Power boosters and equalizers Tape players and tapes Decorative ornaments Auto roof racks if not factory installed Compact disc players and discs Auto protective covers/auto bras
Car alarms should be turned off before shipping if you leave them in Portable telephones of any type Truck tailgate nets Any peripherals or accessories not permanently attached to the vehicle
- Don’t Fuel-up: Deliver your vehicle with a 1/4 tank of fuel or less. Please contact our Customer Service Center at 888-802-8250 for special shipping instructions if you use alternative fuels.
- Remove Fire Extinguishers: Shipping fire extinguishers with automobiles is illegal.
- Empty Propane tanks: The propane tanks in vehicles must be emptied before shipping. It is mandatory to mark and certify empty propane tanks as “gas-free”.
- Set of Keys: The Port will need a copy of the keys for the ignition, trunk, gas tank, and any other locking compartments for inspection. Doing so may delay the delivery of your vehicle.
Note: Ports reserve the right to reject cargo that does not meet safety standards.
Maui’s most popular car shipping routes
Reviews of Our Valued Customers
Check out what our customers have to say about AutoStar Transport Express.
Maui Auto Shipping: FAQs
Can I get a quotation if I don’t know the exact car shipping pick-up address?
Yes, you can use our instant online calculator to get a free, immediate car transport quote, but you’ll need to enter the city/ZIP codes for the pick-up and delivery locations. When you request a car shipping quote, you are not required to provide the precise address; however, you will need to do so when you make a reservation for an auto transport service.
How do I pay for my Auto Shipping?
Zelle is the most common payment method, with daily limits, and everything has to be prepaid before the vehicle can be released. You can also pay with a credit/debit card, ACH direct deposit, wire transfer, or PayPal.
Can I pay the full transport cost with my credit card?
You have the choice to use a credit or debit card to conveniently make a one-time payment with this option. Additionally, you have the choice of making a credit card deposit and paying the remaining balance in cash when the order is delivered.
When will my car be picked up?
The standard car shipping pick-up time is between 1 to 4 working days from the first available pick-up date. This is the date when your car is ready to be picked up for car shipping.
Years of experience
Vehicle moves a year
Coverage across country
Carriers for auto delivery
Ready to ship your car with AutoStar Transport Express?
Call our car shipping professionals at 888-802-8250 to answer all your questions.
Get a Free Quote
If you’re looking for an auto transportation to and from Hawaii, be sure to visit our pocket friendly way to ship from Hawaii to Mainland.