Experts in Shipping a Car from New York to Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico is a great place to live if you enjoy tropical weather and living near the beach. Due to its proximity to the Equator, Puerto Rico always enjoys pleasant temperatures. Since Puerto Rico is a US territory, moving there as an American will be easier than moving to another country. Getting around Puerto Rico is easiest with a car since there is no intercity train service and the intercity bus system is slow and inconvenient.
With our advanced network of transporters and multiple sailings every week, AutoStar Transport Express can assist you with shipping a car from New York to Puerto Rico. Our goal is to provide an excellent auto-shipping experience for every customer.
Get a Puerto Rico shipping quote instantly by using the calculator below, or call 888-802-8250 to speak with an experienced coordinator.
Why Choose Us for Shipping a car to
Puerto Rico from New York?
- 5-Star Rated Shipping: Licensed and bonded with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, we are a 5-star BBB-rated car shipping company with over 3,500 5-star reviews. We strive to provide each and every customer with a positive shipping experience.
- Personalized Customer Service: As well as assisting you with the Puerto Rico vehicle transport paperwork, we offer regular tracking updates and in-person support at 888-802-8250.
- Maximum Vehicle Protection: A fully enclosed shipment ensures that your vehicle will arrive overseas in good condition.
- Experienced: 15+ years of experience in car shipping from New York to Puerto Rico.
Years of experience
Vehicle moves a year
Coverage across country
Carriers for auto delivery
What Vehicles Do We Ship from New York to Puerto Rico?
Our team is specialized in shipping all kinds of vehicles from Puerto Rico to New York including cars, trucks, motorcycles, RVs, ATVs, ATVs, military vehicles, Heavy Machinery, trailers, and inoperable vehicles. Note that customer-supplied shipping platforms may be required to move inoperable vehicles. Call us with any questions.
How Much for Shipping a Car To Puerto Rico From New York?
Shipping a car from New York to Puerto Rico typically costs $2,100, based on shipping a small sedan. Seasons, market fluctuations, and maritime rates affect prices.
On our pricing page, you can learn more about how much it will cost to ship a car. To receive a free estimate for Puerto Rico car transport, use our online calculator. Our service includes fair pricing, accurate quotes, and detailed communication.
Ready to Ship a Car to Puerto Rico From New York with AutoStar Transport Express?
Ship a Car From Your Door In New York
Direct service from any location in New York, residential or commercial.
During pickup, our expert team will carefully inspect your car and load it into the carrier. From anywhere in New York, we can deliver your car to our ports, then ship it to Puerto Rico with our weekly maritime transport.
Upon arrival in Jacksonville, FL, a shipping agent will inspect your vehicle again to determine its current condition. With our door-to-port car shipping service, you can ship your car from any location in New York to our shipping port in Jacksonville.
Among the areas, we service in New York are New York City, Long Island, Buffalo, Rochester, Yonkers, Syracuse, Albany, New Rochelle, Mount Vernon, Utica, and all surrounding areas.
Ship a Car To The Port In Puerto Rico
Upon arrival at the San Juan port in Puerto Rico, a shipping agent will inspect your vehicle to note the condition when it is unloaded. As soon as the vehicle has been inspected, you will receive notice that it is ready for pick-up, after which you can sign the inspection report.
Are You Ready to Ship a Car to Puerto Rico from New York?
Shipping options from New York to Puerto Rico
Every client has different needs and circumstances, which is why we tailor each transportation contract to their needs.
- Roll On Roll Off Shipping: Also called RORO shipping, is the most economical option when shipping a car overseas. As its name implies, it literally involves rolling your car onto and off of a carrier vessel. It’s also the fastest way to move a vehicle overseas, especially from New York to Puerto Rico, since transports like these visit and leave the island frequently.
- Shared container shipping: You pack your car into a container with other vehicles. Although it is not nearly as affordable as RoRo shipping, there are still savings to be had since the shipping cost is shared among all the cars. If you’re on a tight schedule, this isn’t the best shipping option since the container must be fully filled with cars before it ships.
- Private shipping container: This method ensures that your vehicle won’t share space with any other vehicles. The method is often preferred for high-end cars or vehicles with expensive paint jobs. Because of these advantages, a container shipment has a higher price tag.
Tips for Moving to Puerto Rico from New York
It is not difficult to move to Puerto Rico. To make your move as easy as possible, follow these helpful tips:
- Preparation for living costs: Compared to the U.S., Puerto Rico has a significantly higher cost of living. So, make sure you have enough money set aside.
- Get your car to Puerto Rico: There is no way for you to drive to Puerto Rico. So, you’ll need to rent, buy, or ship a car when you get there. Make your life easier by shipping your car to Puerto Rico.
- Excise tax: Upon moving to Puerto Rico, you will have to pay an excise tax. Shipments to Puerto Rico are subject to an excise tax of four percent.
- Learn at least some Spanish: Spanish is the native language of 95% of the population. While some of them understand some English, you will find it easier to communicate if you learn at least basic Spanish.
- Get your state’s background check: Puerto Rico requires a criminal background check from your state before allowing you to live on its shores.
- Get a copy of your state driving record: To obtain a Puerto Rican driving license, you need a copy of your state driving record, and the easiest way to get it is before you move. Driving records are available from your local DMV for a small fee, which varies by state.
- Can I Take My Leased Car To Puerto Rico?
- How Much Do Auto Shippers charge to Transport a Car to Puerto Rico?
- How to Get Puerto Rican License Plates For Your Vehicle
- How to Register a Car in Puerto Rico
- How to Ship a Car to Puerto Rico Using Professional Auto Transporters
- Is There A Tax When I Ship My Car To Puerto Rico?
New York to Puerto Rico Car Shipping FAQs
What are the payment options?
Zelle is usually the most common payment method, and it has a daily limit, so everything must be paid in advance. You can also pay through wire transfer, credit card, and Paypal.
What type of vehicle do we ship from New York to Puerto Rico?
We ship all kinds of vehicles, including sedans, SUVs, pickup trucks, vans, oversized vehicles, antiques, classic cars, motorcycles, construction vehicles, and even inoperable cars. Get in touch with us to learn more about Puerto Rico car shipping.
Can we put items in the vehicles?
No, the port is very strict about shipping anything inside the vehicle. Except for a spare tire, you cannot transport anything inside your vehicle to Puerto Rico.
Is my car trackable during shipping?
Yes, you can track your order in real-time. Upon booking your car shipment, you will receive an order number that you can use to track your shipment’s progress.
When should I schedule my transport?
We are more likely to be able to meet your desired timeline the further in advance you schedule your shipment. It is advisable to schedule your transport at least 1-2 weeks in advance to get the best results.
How much does it cost to ship a car from New York to Puerto Rico?
The cost of shipping a car, truck, or motorcycle from New York to Puerto Rico varies throughout the year. You can use our website to get your free instant quote for the fastest route to ship your car.
Is it necessary for someone to be present in New York?
For both pick-up and delivery of the vehicle, you or another party must be present to sign the initial and final inspection reports. Anyone over the age of 18 can be designated as this person.
Can I ship a vehicle with low-ground clearance?
Yes, but if the clearance is lower than 4 inches, then an enclosed trailer with a lift gate is likely to be necessary. It is simply not possible to load low-clearance vehicles onto open trailers since the car would risk bottoming out.
Have more questions? We’ve answered some of our most frequently asked questions about New York to Puerto Rico car shipping on our Car Shipping FAQs Page.
Our Successful New York to Puerto Rico Car Transport Reviews
Here is what our New York to Puerto Rico auto shipping service is said to be like.
Our dedicated page on car shipping NY has all the details on our most popular shipping routes to and from the state. And for more information on our top routes to and from Puerto Rico, be sure to explore our main page on Puerto Rico car transport.