Based on our ratings, we are one of the top auto transport companies in Iowa
There are many reasons why Iowa attracts many people to travel or live here. These include a colorful kite festival, biking trails, country parks, and golf courses.
Shipping a car to Iowa requires a reputable auto shipping company. AutoStar Transport Express is the Top BBB-rated, safest, reliable, and pocket-friendly car shipping service to go with.
You can save time and money while experiencing the step-by-step car shipping updates using our Iowa (IA) car shipping service.
Our auto transport team provides industry-leading customer service. In addition to providing transparent quotes and pricing, we use state-of-the-art equipment to ensure reliability.
Hundreds of vehicles are transported to Iowa every month including cars, golf carts, jet skis, and anything else you can imagine. Get an Iowa auto shipping quote or give us a call at 888-802-8250. We will make your auto transport experience easy and hassle-free.
Car Shipping Iowa! Why Choose Us?
Our industry experience and commitment ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction. Here are some reasons why we are one of the top-rated car shipping companies in Iowa:
- Licensed and bonded: With over 1,000 5-star positive reviews on Transport Reviews and Better Business Bureau for Iowa vehicle transportation, we have been licensed and bonded with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
- Real Vehicle Tracking: As we move forward with your transportation, we offer you personalized, accurate updates at every stage.
- No Upfront Required: The deposit is only charged once the driver’s name and the number have been provided and the driver is on his way to pick up your vehicle.
- Experienced: With 15+ years of Iowa car shipping experience, we provide each of our customers the personalized attention they deserve.
- Personalized car shipping Iowa: Our customer service department will provide you with regular tracking updates and in-person assistance at 888-802-8250. Our experienced representatives make your car shipping Iowa hassle-free.
- Timely Delivery: Your vehicle will leave and arrive at its destination on time with Iowa’s weekly auto transport schedules.
How We Ship a Car to Iowa
Here’s how we do it:
- Get a Quote & Place Your Order: Contact us by filling out the car shipping quote form, sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling 888-802-8250. Then we will inform you about important information, such as the pickup time and date, tracking number, and truck driver’s name.
- Vehicle Pick Up: A truck driver will contact you to finalize delivery plans. Each driver at AutoStar Transport Express strives to treat every vehicle as if it was their own. Protecting your car from damage during delivery is their top priority. Before the driver leaves, you will sign and receive a Bill of Lading.
- Receive Your Vehicle: Once the vehicle arrives in Iowa, both you and the driver will inspect it for damage. At this time, you will sign the final inspection report to receive your vehicle.
Are you ready to ship your car to Iowa?
Get a free and instant auto shipping quote form by filling out the form below or calling 888-802-8250.
Long-Distance Iowa Auto Transport
Looking for a long-distance auto transport company near me in Iowa? If you are thinking about shipping your car to another state or across the country, we can help. We offer 24/7 monitoring, regular updates, and insurance coverage for our long-distance car transport service.
AutoStar Transport Express is the easiest, safest, most cost-effective, and most reliable way to ship a car across the country from Iowa.
Call our team at 888-802-8250 now to begin the Iowa car transport process.
Transporting Luxury and Classic Cars in Iowa
The safest way to ship an exotic or vintage car to Iowa is with enclosed carriers. This is the best option if you want white-glove service for your exotic or vintage car. Your vehicle will be protected from exposure to road hazards (wind, dirt, snow) when shipped on an enclosed trailer.
Enclosed carriers use straps to provide additional peace of mind while keeping your vehicle safe and secure during transit. You can ship a single vehicle or multiple vehicles at a time, depending on your preference. Plus, enclosed transports arrive at their destinations much faster.
International Auto Transport to/from Iowa
Ships and carriers are usually used for international auto transport. The carriers we provide can be either open or enclosed.
In auto transport, open trailers are larger and cheaper, but a bit slower. For shipping expensive vehicles, enclosed carriers provide extra protection from theft and bad weather. However, booking them is much more expensive.
AutoStar Transport Express makes international auto shipping easy and stress-free. Having us prepare all the documents you need will save you time.
We work with the best international partners to ensure you have an excellent car shipping experience. Let our experts handle your Iowa auto transport so you can enjoy a smooth journey. We provide international car shipping services to and from the following locations:
Which Vehicles Do We Ship to or from Iowa?
Our Iowa car shipping experts specialize in shipping all kinds of vehicles including cars, trucks, motorcycles, RVs, ATVs, military and armed forces equipment, tanks, luxury vehicles, vintage cars, heavy construction machinery, trailer, and inoperable vehicles. Call our representative to get an instant quote at 888-802-8250.
How Much Does it Cost to Ship a Car to Iowa?
Many factors come into play when making an estimation of the cost to ship a car to Iowa. These include the distance, vehicle size and type, the time of year, and the terrain encountered.
The estimated costs and times for Iowa car shipping
|From||To||Cost||Time Estimated for Delivery|
|Florida||Iowa||$820 - $950||4 - 6 days|
|Illinois||Iowa||$300 -$ 400||2 - 3 days|
|Iowa||Arizona||$800 - $950||4 - 6 days|
|Iowa||Georgia||$600 - $750||3 - 5 days|
|Iowa||Idaho||$800 - $1100||4 - 6 days|
|Massachusetts||Iowa||$750 - $1000||4 - 6 days|
|Iowa||Washington||$600 - $800||3 - 5 days|
|Tennessee||Iowa||$430 - $600||3 - 5 days|
|Texas||Iowa||$500 - $650||3 - 5 days|
Please note that prices are estimated. Shipping costs can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
If you want an accurate estimate to ship a car to or from Iowa, use our online quote calculator to get a free and instant quote.
What are the Options for Iowa Auto Transport?
There are two main options to transport your vehicle:
- Driving the vehicle with a professional or non-professional driver
- Shipping the vehicle with Iowa auto transport companies
Enclosed Transport: Your car is transported in a fully enclosed trailer for safety and offers more protection for your car.
Open Transport: A relatively safe, yet more cost-effective option for enclosed shipping is open auto transport.
Want to find a cheaper way to ship your car? Our simple guide will help you with that.
Shipping a Car From Iowa
AutoStar Transport Express provides door-to-door auto shipping service from any residential or business location in Iowa. Your vehicle will be carefully inspected to record its current condition, and safely loaded onto the car carrier for transport.
Major Areas Where We Serve
These are the most popular areas of Iowa where our car hauling services are being offered: Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Davenport, Sioux City, Iowa City, Waterloo, Ames, West Des Moines, and all surrounding areas.
Shipping a Car to Iowa
Located in the Midwest of the United States, Iowa has nearly 3.1 million residents. The city of Des Moines makes finding auto transport services in Iowa easy.
Our Iowa car shipping experts will do the inspection upon arrival at its destination in Iowa to record the current condition of your vehicle at the hour of unloading.
You will be informed that your vehicle is ready to be picked up, just sign off on the bill of lading which also includes the final inspection report to get your vehicle.
Ship Your Vehicle Anywhere in Iowa Stress-Free
Documents Required to Ship a Car to or from Iowa
Drivers don’t need documentation for the pickup and delivery of your vehicle, but they will provide you or someone you select with important documents.
You or a representative will be given a copy of a Bill of Lading upon pickup and delivery.
A valid license is essential, and your vehicle should be properly registered and insured.
Documents such as approvals for lienholders and absent owners are needed for vehicles that go through ports.
Special Discounts for Military Personnel
We offer special discounts to military personnel who ship a car to or from Iowa.
Information About the Great State of Iowa
The state of Iowa is located in the Midwest region of the United States. With over 3.19 million residents, it is home to several major cities, including its largest, Des Moines. Des Moines and the surrounding areas are a great place for starting a business, relocating your family, or enjoying peaceful community life. Iowa is also a popular destination for those seeking a simpler life in the countryside.
Iowa requires new residents to obtain a driver’s license within 30 days of moving to the state. Moving to Iowa from states like California might take you some time to adjust to its harsh, some might say brutal, winters. The temperature can drop below 0°F and reach -20°F in January. Also, the state can experience pretty much any kind of weather you can imagine, and things can change at any time.
According to Health Rankings, Iowa ranks 20th in health care. With a high-quality and affordable health care system, it is one of the best in the nation. Furthermore, you will have access to some of the best hospitals in the country.
How to Register a Car in Iowa
The first step toward registering your vehicle is establishing residency. When you meet all three criteria listed below, you’re considered an Iowan:
- A 90-day continuous residency in Iowa
- No other state has your residency or partial residency
- You possess an Iowa driver’s license or state-issued identification card
If you have established residency in Iowa, you must register your vehicle within 30 days, even if your out-of-state plates remain valid. Late fees may apply if you register your vehicle after this 30-day window.
If you want to register your vehicle with the IA DOT, you will need to bring the following documents:
- Title of your vehicle
- Application Form 411007 for Certificate of Title and/or Registration of Vehicles
- For leased vehicles, submit Form 411179 Application for Certificate of Title and/or Registration
- Depending on the county, you will have to pay different registration fees. For more information on the cost of your vehicle, contact your local office.
The plates, stickers, and registration certificate will be mailed to you after you complete your transaction.
You are not required to register your vehicle with the state of Iowa, but if your title is not transferred, you will not be able to sell it.
To obtain transferable registration, you must obtain an Iowa vehicle title. Contact your local county office for more information on title transfers.
It is not necessary to obtain insurance to register your vehicle, but you must have IA auto liability insurance in order to drive legally.
In Iowa, vehicles do not need to be inspected at all. When you register a car for the first time, you don’t have to worry about safety inspections, emissions testing, vehicle identification number (VIN), or odometer inspections.
Iowa residents are not required to undergo recurring inspections before renewing their registration.
How do I Prepare my Car for Iowa Auto Transport?
To make sure your Iowa car transport is smooth, take a few simple steps before shipping.
- Make sure you completely clean your car before handing it over to the shipping company.
- No personal belongings will be accepted with the exception of factory hardware
- Check the Radiator, Battery, and Tires
- Disable alarms and anti-theft devices
- Take pictures of your vehicle after it has been washed. It will allow you to inspect the car for dents, dings, or scratches, and create a record of how the car looks before it gets shipped.
- Prior to shipping, ensure your vehicle is in a reasonable operating condition. A shipping company should be notified ahead of time if an automobile is inoperable so it can provide specific instructions.
- Since your vehicle will only be operated by the driver for a short time, it is advised to keep the gas tank under one-quarter full.
- Make two sets of car keys. Give one to the transport company during the hand-off and keep the second as a backup. Eliminate and secure the loose parts of the vehicle
Read our detailed guide for some useful tips to prepare your car before shipping to Iowa.
A few more ways to locate us in the Nearest State to Iowa:
Have a question or need a quote for Iowa car shipping?
We can provide a FREE CAR SHIPPING QUOTE for shipping your car to Iowa by quotation form below or by calling 888-802-8250. Let us answer any questions you might have! We strive to provide our clients with the best auto transport service at the most reasonable rates.
Other Helpful Resources for the State of Iowa
- Resources for Iowa Residents
- Iowa Department of Motor Vehicles (IA) – DMV
- Iowa Department of Public Health
- Iowa Automobile Insurance Division
Successful Car Shipping Iowa Reviews
See what our Iowa car transport services have to say on the top review sites
Iowa Car Shipping FAQs
How much does it cost to ship a car to or from Iowa?
Find out by using our auto transport calculator. With our price calculator, you will receive an instant auto-shipping quote. Our goal is to provide you with the lowest possible price for moving your vehicle within a reasonable time frame. Supply and demand factors and diesel fuel rates are considered, but special discounts are offered on popular transport routes and seasonal backhaul routes as well. You can get a free Iowa car transport quote by using our online calculator below the page.
How long does it take to ship a car to/from Iowa?
It usually takes 1-2 days to ship a car within 200 miles of Iowa. Distances over 2,000 miles can take up to 6 – 8 days. There are, however, several factors that affect how long a car takes to ship to or from Iowa. Distance, road construction, traffic, seasonality, driver hours, and weather conditions are all factors to consider.
How can I get a shipping quote for my vehicle?
Our online car shipping quote calculator below the page can be used to estimate the cost of shipping your vehicle to Iowa, or you can contact us at 888-802-8250 to receive a quote from one of our car transport pricing specialists.
How can I pay for Iowa Car Transport?
Zelle is the most common method of payment. You can also pay by ACH, wire transfer, direct deposit, or credit/debit card.
What types of vehicles do you ship?
AutoStar Transport Express specializes in shipping sedans, SUVs, pickup trucks, minivans, oversized vehicles, antiques, classic cars, motorcycles, construction vehicles, and even inoperable vehicles.
Need an Iowa Car Shipping Quote?
Send us an email or call 888-802-8250 for a FREE CAR SHIPPING QUOTE to Iowa. If you have any questions, we look forward to answering them as soon as possible! Providing our Iowa clients with the best auto transport service at the most affordable rates is our goal.