Safe and Hassle-Free Interstate Vehicle Transport
Interstate auto transport refers to the process of transporting a vehicle from one state to another. There are a few different options for doing this, including hiring a professional car transport company, driving the car yourself, or renting a one-way car rental.
If you’re in need of interstate car transport, look no further than AutoStar Transport Express. With over 16 years of experience in state-to-state auto transport, we have established a reputation as a reliable and responsible company.
Whether you need to ship a car interstate or intrastate, AutoStar Transport Express offers the most convenient, safe, and cost-effective option. Get a quote or call us at 888-802-8250 and let us make your interstate car transport experience luxurious and personalized.
Why choose AutoStar Transport Express for Interstate Car Transport?
At AutoStar Transport Express, we believe in making the car shipping process easy and stress-free, from the moment you request a quote to the safe delivery of your vehicle. Find out why AutoStar Transport Express has ranked #1 interstate car transport company in the nation. To ensure a seamless experience, here are some of the reasons why you should choose us.
- Top-Rated Car Shipping: Over 3,500 of our customers have given us 5-star reviews on 6 major review platforms. We are licensed and bonded by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration..
- Fully Insured Transports: From pick-up to delivery, your vehicle is protected by the carrier’s insurance policy. We work with verified and insured carriers.
- No Upfront Payments: There are no upfront costs when using our transportation services. You can start using them right away without any upfront fees!
- Real-time tracking: Every step of the car delivery process is trackable and updated by our car shipping experts. Visit our tracking a vehicle in transit page for more information.
- Customizable Car Transport: Count on our dedicated shipping experts to offer auto transport service that meets your specifications and is within your budget.
- Personalized Customer Service: Feel free to contact our friendly customer service department if you need assistance. You’ll enjoy easy pickup and delivery, ongoing tracking updates, and call-in support at 888-802-8250.
Ready to Ship Your Car to Another State with AutoStar Transport Express?
Call our Interstate car shipping professionals at 888-802-8250 to answer all your questions.
Get a free car shipping quote.
Interstate Car Shipping Services Provided by Us
Long Distance Transport
Long-distance transport is typically more expensive than local transport, but it is a convenient and efficient way to move a vehicle across the country.
Open and Enclosed Car Shipping
Open car shipping refers to the transportation of vehicles on an open trailer, where the vehicles are exposed to the elements during transportation. Alternatively, enclosed car shipping refers to transporting vehicles in enclosed trailers, which ensures their protection and added security from the elements.
We provide door-to-door car shipping as a service whereby, our car haulers pick up your vehicle from the specified location and deliver it to the final location. As long as the address is located within the contiguous United States, it can include both residential addresses and commercial addresses.
Motorcycle shipping can be a tough task, but with us, it doesn’t have to be. Our team of experienced professionals will work with you to ensure your motorcycle is safely transported from point A to point B. With us, you can trust that your motorcycle will be protected during transportation.
Heavy Equipment Transport
Across state lines, our team of experts can transport large, heavy machinery safely and efficiently as we know the possible challenges associated with heavy equipment transport. It is our goal to work closely with our clients to ensure their equipment arrives in the same condition it was left in.
Electric Vehicle Transport
Taking the stress out of the e-car shipping process is our goal at Auto Transport Express. We offer professional and affordable e-car transport services nationwide and internationally.
Military Car Shipping
Our company can transport military vehicles between all 50 states, Alaska, Hawaii, and overseas US territories. It is one of our specialties to provide safe and reliable military auto transport services for both active and retired members across the country. We support military members and can also handle any military vehicle move.
Shipping for Salvage Title Vehicles
Shipping a salvage vehicle can be more challenging than shipping one with a clean title. Some shipping companies might refuse to transport a salvage vehicle, while others may charge a higher rate, but with us, it’s no problem.
Non-operational Vehicles Shipping
Shipping non-operational vehicles typically involve arranging for a specialized transport company to pick up the vehicle and transport it to its destination.
Roll-on, Roll-off ( RORO) shipping
If your car is in running condition, you can drive it onto the ship and then off when it arrives; the deck is then strapped to the car to ensure it doesn’t move while being transported.
ATV and UTV Transport
AutostarTransport Express has been transporting ATVs across the country for both individuals and companies for years. Providing the best customer service, fast shipping, and safe pickup and delivery of ATV transport / UTV transport at reasonable ATV shipping rates is our specialty.
How Much for Shipping a Car to Another State
Multiple factors are considered when estimating the cost to ship a car to another state such as distance, vehicle size, make and model, route, transport method, vehicle condition, available discounts plus the time of the year, and more.
According to the calculations, it is $1.50 per mile to ship a car under 300 miles. In contrast, it costs $ 0.75 per mile to ship a car between 1,000 and 1,500 miles. The cost for Interstate car shipping can be as high as $2.00 per mile, and as low as $.60 per mile if you pick up and drop off in major cities. Generally, enclosed shipping costs 40-60% more than open transport.
|From||To||Cost||Estimated Car Delivery Time|
|Texas ||Michigan||$695||3-5 days|
|New York ||California||$1,200||7-9 days|
|Washington ||Arizona||$795||6-8 days|
|New York||Florida||$895||3-5 days|
Prices are estimated and based on small sedans. They are subject to change according to season, market fluctuations, and maritime rates.
If you want to know the exact estimate for shipping your car to another state, Use our online calculator to get a free and instant quote.
Recommended Resources: How much does it cost to ship a car
Preparing Your Car for Interstate Transportation:
To ensure smooth transport, prepare your car before it hits the road. The auto transport company will be able to tell you specifically what you need to do before pickup, but you should prepare these steps either way:
- Verify that your fuel gauge is no more than one-quarter full.
- Your car may need to be completely empty
- Vehicle with propane tanks should be delivered with empty tanks and should be marked “gas-free.”
- You will not be accepted for a quick inspection if your vehicle is dirty.
- Ensure all of your vehicle’s anti-theft devices have been deactivated.
- For electric vehicles, battery should be charged between 30 to 70%
- Before shipping your vehicle, you must clean its undercarriage
- Examine all fluid levels including brake, battery, and transmission fluid as well as anti-freeze.
- Make sure that the tires have the proper amount of air pressure.
You should also take pictures from all angles and inspect your car carefully for damage. If it is damaged on the road, you will be able to prove that the damage was not pre-existing and get reimbursed through the appropriate insurance channels.
See Also: How long does it take to ship a car?
Don’t forget to get everything in writing on the bill of lading. Ensure that the details in the BOL are accurate before signing it.
Do NOT sign the BOL nor accept the vehicle if there are any discrepancies. If not, contact the company you booked as soon as possible.
Want To Know More?
Trusted by the World’s Best Dealers
Interstate Car Transport Experiences
FAQs about Interstate Car Transport
How Long to Ship a Car to Another State?
It takes 1-6 days to ship a car from one state to another. Drivers typically travel about 500 miles per day. Typically, the first available pickup date is 2-7 business days after the order is placed, and express vehicle transport can usually be arranged within 24 to 72 hours.
Read more: How long does it take to ship a car?
Do you offer discounts?
Several discounts are available for seniors, military members, snowbirds, and students when moving a car from one state to another, the cost to ship a car matters. Call our shipping experts at 888-802-8250 for more information.
Is Interstate Car Transport Common?
There is no doubt that interstate car transport is a popular service. Although international shipping can be quite expensive, interstate car shipping is easy and common. Finding your shipment and booking it should not pose any problems.
How to save money when you ship a car to another state.
The following options can save you money:
- The most cost-effective option is open-air carriers, which expose your car to the elements.
- Whenever possible, be flexible with pickup and drop-off dates. Most auto transport companies allow you to choose your own dates, but if you can, do so.
- You can often save a lot of money by transporting your car in the fall or spring when travel is less popular. During peak seasons, it will cost more to transport your car.
What things should I do upon receiving the vehicle?
Inspect your vehicle upon arrival to ensure it arrived in proper condition. Report any damages or issues to the driver and us within 24 hours and take pictures. If damages occur, file a claim with the insurance company. We will assist you in resolving any issues.
Is it possible to ship personal items in my car to another state?
As long as the total weight does not exceed 100 pounds, personal belongings can be shipped inside a car in the trunk or back seats (under the window line). It is not recommended, however, as personal belongings are not covered by insurance.