Do you want to move but don’t know how to ship your electric car? Electric cars can be shipped virtually anywhere in the United States using the same shipping methods as normal cars.
We at Auto Transport Express don’t expect you to know all the details about shipping an electric car. Our goal is to take the stress out of the process by offering professional and affordable e-car transport services nationwide and internationally.
Our goal is to provide the best customer service, fast car shipping, and safe pickup and delivery of electric car transport at reasonable electric car transportation rates.
As a licensed and bonded company, we are allowed to operate everywhere in the country, according to the Department of Transportation (DOT).
Whether you are moving domestically or internationally, we are here to make your move as easy as possible. Get an E-car transport quote or give us a call at 888-802-8250. We will make your electric car transportation luxury and personalized.
Why We Are The Best E Car Transporters
We’re an e-car transport company that’s built its reputation on hauling electric cars safely, securely, and efficiently. That is why AutoStar Transport Express has become one of the leading electric car transportation companies in the country.
- Shipping From Industry Experts: At Autostart Transport Express, we handle electric car shipping services with fully insured, professional drivers who know how to handle an electric car. You can trust us to treat your electric car like it’s our own.
- Top-Rated E-Car Transportation: 1000+ 5-star Positive Reviews by satisfied customers on Transport Reviews and Better Business Bureau for Electric car transportation service. Still, we strive every day to be the best electric car shipping company.
- Customer Service Professionals: We don’t expect you to know all the details about shipping an electric car, but our friendly staff is always available to answer any questions you may have. Call us now at 888-802-8250.
- Real-Time Tracking: We provide you with tracking updates throughout the shipping process so that you can always know where your electric car is.
Successful Electric Car Transportation Reviews
I used AutoStar Transport Express recently to move my cars from Puyallup, WA to Jacksonville, FL. They were able to pick up my cars on the next day and dropped them off in 7 – 10 days as they promised. Excellent customer service and reasonable price. I will use them if I need it in the future, for sure. Transport Reviews
What’s different about shipping an electric car?
An electric car uses a battery similar to the rechargeable ones you can find in most stores. Although they are much bigger, the materials they use are the same. Compared to single-use batteries, rechargeable batteries weigh much more. Due to this, an electric vehicle or hybrid vehicle weighs more. As a result of bigger batteries and heavier vehicles, most vehicle transport companies will charge you more to ship a hybrid or electric vehicle.
How to Ship an Electric Car
Our four-step process makes it easy to ship an electric car
- Electric car shipping Quote and Book Your Order: We will provide you instant quotes, and book your order by, Email or call us at 888-802-8250
- Prepare Your Car: Check for more on electric car preparation tips
- Cart Pick Up and Tracking: We will pick up the electric car and drive it to the destination. During transit, you can contact us at any time for a tracking update.
- 4. Receive your electric car: Your electric car will be delivered to your doorstep safely with our door-to-door service
99% Of Our Customers Refer Us To Friends
Is Shipping an Electric Car More Expensive?
Shipping electric cars are similar to shipping conventional gas-powered vehicles. Theoretically, you should not be charged more for having an electric car. However, since electric vehicles are heavier overall due to the batteries, you may end up paying more for them.
Check out our cost-to-ship page for more information about electric car shipping rates. Use our E-car shipping calculator to find out the shipping cost for your Electric car. You can chat online or call 888-802-8250.
Is There a Regulation for Shipping an Electric Vehicle in the US?
In the US, lithium-ion batteries are subject to strict shipping regulations. To prevent explosions during transport, proper packaging must be used. Batteries must be secured before transport to prevent movement and short circuits. Except for the battery, electric vehicles are subject to the same shipping regulations as regular vehicles. The new battery regulations don’t affect you at all as a customer:
What are the Potential Dangers of Lithium-Ion Batteries?
Electric vehicles require special licensing, extra care, and special equipment to move because of the risks associated with lithium-ion batteries. You’ve probably heard about the explosions or fires caused by these batteries on laptops and smartphones. Because of this, many consumers express serious concerns about electric vehicles’ lithium-ion batteries.
However, Tesla Motors and other companies have implemented several high-tech safety mechanisms, including:
- Creating an electronic fluid cooling system
- Three fuse layers
- Sensors that disconnect the batteries when it reaches a high temperature
- Collision protection
- Protection against overcharging
Safety concerns drove the decision to use several smaller batteries instead of a single, larger one. Each battery is isolated and enclosed in a steel case. In addition, the entire system is encased.
Is it safe for me to Ship My Electric Car?
Definitely! You can ship an electric car without concern because the car will be turned off during shipping. Before shipping, it is recommended that you thoroughly inspect your vehicle, remove any personal belongings, and document any damage. In the event that something goes wrong during shipping, you can make an insurance claim.
Can you Ship a Tesla electric car?
You can ship it directly from Tesla, but it can be expensive (usually $1,500), and it uses an open auto hauler. That being said, you want your dream car to show up in showroom condition when you purchase it. If that is the case, enclosed car shipping services would be helpful.
Depending on your security and damage protection needs, we offer both open and enclosed trailers for hauling your tesla electric vehicles. No matter which option you select, your vehicle will be protected by various safety devices and be insured during the duration of the shipping process.
You just need to follow the simple process (see below) and let us know where you are and where you are headed.
Door to Door Pickup and Delivery
Shipping an Electric Car across the state or country requires special skills. We possess these skills. Our door-to-door moving service is designed to make relocations easier for individuals and families.
We offer a variety of E-car transportation services, including expedited enclosed shipping, oversized Electric vehicle shipping, route planning, and extra protection for expensive Electric cars.
See Also: Cheapest Way to Ship an Electric Car
How Should I Prep My Electric Car Before Shipping?
Preparing an electric vehicle is the same as preparing any other vehicle:
- Make sure your car is free of valuables.
- Visually inspect your car, and take pictures for your records in case of damage during shipping.
- Verify that your insurance policy covers any damage your vehicle might sustain during shipping. Damages to your car can be expensive, and some insurance plans don’t cover those
- Before shipping, turn off systems such as car alarms and automatic toll passes.
- You should arrange for the shipping company to pick up your car at a predetermined time. Your shipping company representative should be provided with a spare set of keys.
- All that’s left is to wait for your electric car to arrive at its destination once these steps are completed!
Check out our shipping preparation page for more information about E-Car shipping preparation.
Electric Car Shipping FAQs
Got a question? We’ve answered some of our most frequently asked questions about shipping an Electric Car to provide more information and tips.