There are a ton of myths out there on various websites stating that you shouldn´t pay a deposit until your car has been picked up. Unfortunately, how these myths and “facts” are written is very misleading to the public.
- Deposits cover brokers’ work finding carriers and ensure commitment from both parties, minimizing inconvenience for carriers if canceled.
- Similar to travel deposits, car shipping deposits secure your spot and compensate brokers for their efforts.
- Deposit amounts vary based on vehicle size, weight, distance, and research is crucial to avoid scams.
Get the number one car shipping service to ship your car anywhere in the USA.
These are the reasons why a deposit is required:
- Auto transport brokers have to first cover their fees for the work they´ve done in securing you a carrier. It is also to reassure the booked carrier that there is a vehicle at the said location to be picked up!
- When a carrier is booked they plan their schedule around each customer´s requirements and location. If for some reason you changed your mind or there wasn´t a vehicle to pick up, this carrier would be severely inconvenienced in respect of time and money.
It is similar to a lot of other service industries out there – take booking a holiday for example A travel agent will work hard on finding you the best possible holiday, meeting all your requirements, dates, and needs. They ask you to pay a deposit upfront to secure your seat on the plane and at the hotel… this is not that dissimilar to what we are doing – simply securing you a space for what you need!
Ship your car with door-to-door transport, the most convenient method for vehicle transportation.
Please note: Deposits can vary depending on the size and weight of the vehicle as well as the locations and distance!
Advice: Be sure to research all companies you hear from at www.transportreviews.com – sadly several brokers ask for a deposit upfront and then never get back in touch with you!
More info? Do you have more questions regarding why a deposit is required? And how much you should pay as a deposit fee? We are happy to help! Contact us here.
Ship your car with ease.