One of the most well-liked tourist attractions in the US is Honolulu, which is situated on the Hawaiian Island of Oahu. The area of the city is 177 square kilometers (68 square miles). About 355,000 people call Honolulu home as of January 2022.
Honolulu is the third most costly place to reside in the country, behind New York and San Francisco, and the 55th most populous city overall. World-famous landmarks in this vibrant and lovely city draw tourists.
Honolulu is a favorite holiday destination with excellent history to follow up on because Honolulu’s highways are in good condition, and traveling by car across the island is very convenient. While buying a new car in Honolulu might be a better option in some cases, in most cases, it might be cheaper for you to have your car transported instead of purchasing a new one.
It is crucial to work with a reputable auto transport company like AutoStar Transport Express when moving cars to Honolulu.
Experts in Car Shipping Honolulu
Did you just type “ship my car to Honolulu”? Congratulations! AutoStar Transport Express has complete car shipping solutions for shipping a car to Hawaii. With more than 16 years of experience, AutoStar Transport Express is the Top BBB-rated, safest, and pocket-friendly way of transporting cars To Honolulu.
With efficiency, integrity, and unparalleled customer service, our team strives to exceed our client’s expectations. Get a Honolulu auto transport quotation or give us a call at 888-802-8250. We will make your auto transport experience easy and hassle-free.
Why do People Choose AutoStar Transport Express for Car Shipping Honolulu?
We offer convenient, cost-effective service for shipping cars to or from Honolulu. This makes AutoStar Transport Express one of the best car shipping companies in Honolulu.
- Top Rated and Licensed: For shipping vehicles to Honolulu, our company has received more than 500 5-star positive reviews from pleased clients on Transport Reviews and the Better Business Bureau. We are also licensed and bonded with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
- Special Care: We also treat your vehicle with the utmost attention. We ensure that specialized tools are employed to set up convenient and direct transportation.
- Customer service experts: Our aim is to match you with the top automobile car carriers. We are always happy to help if you need it. Call us right away at 888-802-8250 to get in contact.
- Money-Back Assurance: We are one of the few car shipping companies that provides a full money-back guarantee.
- Real-Time Vehicle Tracking: Our professional car shipping team tracks your vehicle at every step of the car transport Honolulu process and provides you with personal, accurate status updates.
- Approved Car Carriers: AutoStar Transport Express takes car shipping very seriously. All car carriers we work with have been thoroughly screened to guarantee they’re highly rated, fully insured, and ready to handle your needs.
What Is The Cost Of Car Shipping Honolulu?
It costs around $1,650 to ship a vehicle from California to Honolulu. However, car shipping cost is based on a number of factors. Open transport is the cheapest, but it is also the riskiest option. However, if you want your vehicle packaged in a shipping container and you want special treatment, you’ll have to pay more.
Car Shipping Honolulu Estimated Costs and Time
|From||To||Estimated Cost in $||Estimated Transit Time|
|Montgomery, Alabama||Honolulu||$2850||11-13 days|
|Honolulu||Phoenix, Arizona||$1250||10-12 days|
|Little Rock, Arkansas||Honolulu||$2750||11-13 days|
|Honolulu||Sacramento, California||$1150||8 - 10 Days|
|Miami, Florida||Honolulu||$2350||11-13 days|
|Honolulu||Atlanta, Georgia||$1850||10-12 days|
|Kansas City, Kansas||Honolulu||$2350||11-13 days|
|Honolulu||Lexington, Kentucky||$2050||10 - 12 Days|
Furthermore, the cost will vary based on other factors such as:
- Travel distance
- Model and make of the vehicle
- The expedited shipment
- Door-to-door service
- Additional coverage
Check out our vehicle shipping cost page for more details. To find the exact quote for Hawaii car transport, use our instant car shipping quote calculator. or please call 888-802-8250 for information and to set up your booking.
Required Documents For Car Transport Honolulu
There is no additional paperwork required to ship a vehicle to Honolulu from the mainland. Provide information about the VIN number, the year, make, model, the color of the vehicle, and the state of registration.
Be prepared to provide the following
- Current title
- Current registration
- Lien Holder Authorization Letter: In the case of leased or financed vehicles, you will need a Lien Holder Authorization letter. Note: Notarized letters are only valid for 30 days from the date of issue.
- Power of attorney:
- If the owner is absent, a notarized power of attorney letter is required so that another person can pick up and deliver the vehicle.
- Corporate Resolution: Corporate Resolutions must be attached to the car if it belongs to the company.
Years of experience
Vehicle moves a year
Coverage across country
Carriers for auto delivery
Option for Auto Transport to/from Honolulu
As Honolulu is an island the only way to transport a vehicle there is by ship or air freight.
- Roll-on/roll-off (RoRo) service: This shipping method is suitable for any operating vehicle. You just drive your vintage automobile onto the ship, and when it comes, drive it off. The car is strapped to the deck once it has been hauled into the ship to make sure it is securely fastened and does not move while being transported.
- Enclosed container shipping. is preferred by many owners of luxury automobiles because it provides added protection. Containers are put into the ship, and when they arrive at their destination, a crane will unload them. It is thought to be the safest and quickest shipping method, although being more expensive.
- Terminal to Terminal Car Shipping: You can lower your transportation cost by driving your car to a nearby terminal. There, it will be inspected by our Hawaii car shipping experts and transported to a terminal near your desired destination
How to Prepare a Vehicle for Honolulu Car Shipping
You can speed up your move by paying attention to the following information:
- In order to ship a vehicle, it must be in working condition. Moreover, it must be licensed or qualified to operate on public roads and have a functioning emergency brake.
- Don’t Fuel Up: Only 1/4 tank of fuel is allowed.
- Electric vehicles: The battery must be charged between 45% and 50%. The vehicle will be rejected otherwise.
- Ensure that your vehicle must be empty. Automobiles can only carry tools and accessories installed on or attached to the vehicle. For example if not bolted in, remove the following items
Loose radios and Extra Speakers CD's and radar scanners
Power boosters and equalizers Tape players and tapes Decorative ornaments Auto roof racks if not factory installed Compact disc players and discs Auto protective covers/auto bras
Car alarms should be turned off before shipping if you leave them in Portable telephones of any type Truck tailgate nets Any peripherals or accessories not permanently attached to the vehicle
- Ensure the windshield and windows are not cracked or damaged.
- Keep your vehicle clean for a quick inspection. Dirty vehicles will not be accepted.
- Replenish Antifreeze: Cars shipped between Seattle and Hawaii in the fall and winter need antifreeze.
- Remove fire extinguishers. The federal government doesn’t allow the shipment of fire extinguishers.
- Empty Auxiliary Propane Tanks: Vehicles equipped with propane tanks for auxiliary purposes should be delivered with empty propane tanks. Empty propane tanks must be certified with “gas-free” tags by a propane dealer or service company.
- Please leave a set of keys for the ignition, trunk door, gas tank, and any other locking compartments. During an inspection, the Department of Agriculture checks all compartments of your vehicle. Your vehicle may be delayed if you fail to do this.
What Vehicles Do We Ship from or to Honolulu?
Our team is specialized in shipping all kinds of vehicles from or to Honolulu including cars, trucks, motorcycles, RVs, ATVs, ATVs, military vehicles, Heavy Machinery, trailers, and inoperable vehicles. Note that customer-supplied shipping platforms may be required to move inoperable vehicles. Call us with any questions.
We offer services to and from these areas in Honolulu
96701, 96706, 96707, 96709, 96712, 96717, 96730, 96731, 96734, 96744, 96759, 96762, 96786, 96789, 96791, 96792, 96795, 96797, 96801, 96802, 96803, 96804, 96805, 96806, 96807, 96808, 96809, 96810, 96811, 96812, 96813, 96814, 96815, 96816, 96817, 96818, 96819, 96820, 96821, 96822, 96823, 96824, 96825, 96826, 96827, 96828, 96830, 96835, 96836, 96837, 96838, 96839, 96840, 96841, 96842, 96843, 96844, 96846, 96847, 96848, 96849, 96850, 96853, 96854, 96857, 96858, 96859, 96860, 96861, 96863, 96898 & surrounding areas.
Most Popular Car Shipping Routes
FAQs: Shipping a Car from or to Honolulu
Can I track My Vehicle Shipment?
Yes! It is possible to track your vehicle while it is in ocean transit. After we confirm transport for you, we’ll send you an email that contains a tracking link, or you can always give us a shout and we’ll let you know where your vehicle is.
Are personal items allowed in my car?
Unfortunately, Federal & Maritime laws do not permit personal items to be placed inside a car when it is shipping overseas to & from Honolulu.
How can I pay?
The most common form of payment is by Zelle. It has daily limits, and everything must be prepaid before the vehicle can be released. You can also pay through Credit Card, Direct Deposit, Wire Transfer, or PayPal.
Can I transport my inoperable vehicle to Honolulu?
Yes, we need to know this before making a reservation! Our Experts at AutoStar Transport Express have decades of experience in shipping non-running or inoperable vehicles.
Our Successful Honolulu Car Shipping Reviews
Here is what our Honolulu car shipping service is said to be like.
Explore all the shipping routes to and from Hawaii by visiting our ship a car to Hawaii page, which features a comprehensive list of available routes.