Want to ship your car from California to Hawaii? Not a problem. AutoStar Transport Express can take care of all the details and safely transport your car to the heavenly archipelago.
With more than 15 years of experience transporting cars from California to Hawaii, AutoStar Transport Express is the Top BBB-rated, safest, and pocket-friendly way to ship cars. If you need to transport a motorcycle, trailer, or RV, AutoStar Transport Express can help with those too.
We ship hundreds of cars every week to Hawaii. Get a California to Hawaii auto transport quotation or give us a call at 888-802-8250. We will make your auto transport experience easy and hassle-free.
Every step will be planned from the scheduling of pickup at your door to the final stage of delivery, with updates every step of the way. We guarantee the best car shipping experience from California to Hawaii.
California to Hawaii Auto Transport Testimonial
“What a FANTASTIC company. Responded quickly to every question I had no matter what time of the day. Truck was shipped within a couple days and reached Maui weeks faster than any other company could get it here. THANKS!!” Kristen Griffiths
Why Choose Us to Ship Your Vehicle to Hawaii?
The shipping professionals at AutoStar Transport Express take extra precautions to ensure that your vehicle arrives safely at its destination. Our client satisfaction rating is no accident.
- Top Rated and licensed – Our company is licensed and bonded with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and has 2000+ 5-star Positive Reviews from satisfied customers on Transport Reviews and the Better Business Bureau for California to Hawaii car transport.
- A company preferred by dealerships – 15+ Years of experience Shipping Cars From California to Hawaii. Several major auto brands across the country rely on AutoStar Transport Express and our exceptional car shipping service.
- Competitive pricing – Most Competitive Rates for Shipping a Car From California to Hawaii: great prices, the quickest routes, and the ability to track your car are our guarantees.
- World-class carriers – We work with highly reputable carriers who meet our high standards to ensure your vehicle is handled and transported with care.
How to Ship Car From California To Hawaii
AutoStar Transport Express helps you ship a car from California to Hawaii in four easy steps:
- Request a Quote – Get a Free and Instant price quote, and book your order. Fill out the quote form, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 888-802-8250.
- Prepare Your Vehicle – For safe car transport to Hawaii, your vehicle must have no more than a 1/4 tank of gas. For more tips on vehicle preparation, click here.
- We Coordinate Your Vehicle Pick Up – Your car will be picked up and on its way to the destination. Most cars are moved using an open carrier. Exotic cars or high-end vehicles such as Bentley, Ferrari, and Lamborghini, are normally shipped using enclosed carrier transport.You can call us at any point during transportation for a tracking update.
- We Coordinate Your Vehicle Delivery – As soon as the car reaches the respective Hawaii port and has cleared customs and inspection, you will be required to pick it up. With our door-to-door vehicle transport service, your car will safely arrive at its destination. Click here For more detail about door-to-door auto transport.
Contact our customer service department if you have any questions about shipping a car from California to Hawaii. To get a free & instant quote, call us at 888-802-8250.
Years of experience
Vehicle moves a year
Coverage across country
Carriers for auto delivery
Are You Ready To Ship Your Car From California To Hawaii?
Call our car shipping professionals at 888-802-8250 to answer all your questions.
Get a Free Quote
Main Shipping Ports in Hawaii and California
We operate from four main ports in Hawaii and three ports on the mainland.
Ports in Hawaii: Honolulu (Sand Island), Kahului, Nawiliwili, Hilo
Ports on Mainland: Long Beach, Oakland, and Seattle.
These are the most popular areas of California where we offer our car shipping services: Los Angeles, San Diego, San Jose, San Francisco, Fresno, Sacramento, Long Beach, Oakland. and all surrounding areas.
Looking for experts for shipping cars between Hawaiian islands? Let AutoStar Transport Express assist you with shipping your car to any Hawaiian island.
Required Documents For Shipping a Car To Hawaii
The rules for shipping a car to Hawaii from California are straightforward. No extra paperwork is required. However, if you’re not staying for an extended period, you should apply for an out-of-state vehicle permit.
If you intend to turn into a perpetual occupant of one of the islands, you should register your vehicle within 30 days.
Read Later: How to register a car in Hawaii
The following list gives you an idea of the different types of documents required for (California to Hawaii or Hawaii to California car shipping).
- Copy of the title, front, and back or bill of lading
- A Lien Holder Authorization letter is needed to ship your vehicle to Hawaii if the car Is leased or financed
- A copy of the driver’s license or any photo ID
- The registration plate and the state it’s from
- If the owner is absent, a notarized power of attorney letter from the registered owner is required to allow another person to deliver or pick up the vehicle.
- If the car is a company-claimed vehicle, the affirmation must be accompanied by an original Corporate Resolution letter approving the shipment.
How Much To Ship A Car From California To Hawaii?
The average cost to ship a car from Sacramento, CA to Honolulu Port, Hawaii is $1650.
Multiple factors are considered when estimating the cost of shipping a car to Hawaii. Accurate quoting is contingent on the number of miles driven from the pick-up location, the size and type of vehicle, seasonal demand, time of the year, terrain, and much more.
If you want a reliable estimate for shipping a car from California to Hawaii, use our online calculator to get a free and instant quote.
Related article: What is the cheapest way to ship a car to Hawaii
What Vehicles Do We Ship from California to Hawaii?
Our team is specialized in shipping all kinds of vehicles from California to Hawaii including cars, trucks, motorcycles, RVs, ATVs, ATVs, military vehicles, Heavy Machinery, trailers, and inoperable vehicles. Note that customer-supplied shipping platforms may be required to move inoperable vehicles. Call us with any questions.
How Long to Ship a Car From California to Hawaii?
In general, it takes 11 – 13 days to ship a car from the port of Oakland, CA to the port of Honolulu, HI. The extra time taken to transport your vehicle is mostly because of the required coordination between ground transport and sea transport.
Should You Ship Your Vehicle or Purchase a New One in Hawaii?
You do not need to sell your car to buy a new one in Hawaii. AutoStar Transport Express has been shipping cars from California to Hawaii for over 15 years and is dedicated to assisting families, military personnel, and individuals by saving time and money with our Hawaii car transport service.
Want to know more about whether or not it’s better to buy a car in Hawaii or ship it? This trending and detailed article might be of assistance to you.
Recommended: Learn which are the best places to live in Hawaii before moving there
People and Businesses We Serve:
People usually ship their vehicles to Hawaii for various types of reasons, including:
- Corporate Relocation
- Military & armed forces for heavy equipment and military auto transport
- Classic Car Sales and renovations
- Electric car lovers
- Vacations and seasonal relocations
- And Many More
Buying a vehicle online? Let AutoStar Transport Express handle the logistics to get your vehicle easily from California to Hawaii.
We have a huge network of auto carriers for all of your specific needs. Choose an enclosed trailer for vehicles that need extraordinary special care and TLC, or choose an open car transport that’s reliable, convenient, and affordable for anyone.
Things to Know Before Shipping Car to Hawaii
- Check the Radiator, Battery, and Tires
- Address Engine & Mechanical Problems
- All vehicles may have one-fourth (1/4) tank of fuel
- Clean your vehicle, inside and out, and record pictures of your vehicle
- NO personal belongings will be accepted with the exception of factory hardware.
- Your car should be in running condition
- Disable alarms and anti-theft devices
- Remove and protect any loose vehicle parts
Here is the complete guide to preparing your vehicle for shipping purposes.
California to Hawaii Car Shipping FAQs
How Long Does it Take to Ship a Car to Hawaii?
It doesn’t take long to ship a car to Hawaii. Shipping a car to Hawaii typically takes between 8 and 19 days. Learn how long does it takes to ship a car to Hawaii in our detailed guide.
Got more questions? We’ve answered some of our most frequently asked questions about California to Hawaii car shipping to provide more information and tips.
Want To Know More?
Are you interested in learning more about shipping your vehicle from California to Hawaii? Feel free to call us at 888-802-8250, or fill out our quote request form.
Useful Resources About Hawaii Car Shipping
- How much does it cost to ship a car to Hawaii?
- Rules for shipping a car to Hawaii
- The cheapest way to ship a car to Hawaii
- How to register a car in Hawaii
- How long does Hawaii car shipping take?
- Best Places to live in Hawaii
- Is it Expensive to Live in Hawaii?
- Inter-Island Car Shipping Hawaii
- Buying a Car in Hawaii
Explore all the shipping routes to and from California by visiting our Ship Car to California page, which features a comprehensive list of available routes. Alternatively, you can also discover other shipping options for Hawaii by browsing our Ship Car to Hawaii page.