AutoStar strives to be as open and honest with its clients as possible, no tricks or funny stuff. Please read carefully the terms of the contract and if you have any questions do not hesitate to call us toll free and quiz one of our professional car shipping Transport Coordinators.
Terms and Conditions
- AutoStar Transport Express agrees to have vehicle(s) described on quotation shipped on or about the requested dates. AutoStar Transport Express will designate a reliable car carrier (Transport Coordinator) to fulfill the terms and conditions of this agreement. AutoStar Transport Express or its Transport Coordinators do not guarantee a specific pickup or delivery date.
- AutoStar Transport Express agrees to make every effort possible to provide the most adequate shipment of described vehicle(s) – insofar as they will not compromise its standard of safety or quality. The owner understands that ample notice of intent to ship is a primary contingency factor. The owner/Transport Coordinator and AutoStar Transport Express also understand that any shipment, regardless of type of trucking, may be delayed due to adverse weather or road conditions, illness, mechanical breakdown of trucks, supply and demand for trucks and drivers, etc. ***IN ABSOLUTELY NO CASE WILL AutoStar Transport Express BE RESPONSIBLE FOR, OR REIMBURSE, CAR RENTAL EXPENSE.***
- This order is subject to all terms and conditions of the car carrier’s straight bills of lading, copies of which are available at the office of carrier and are incorporated herein.
- Car carrier’s responsibility begins when the shipper or his Transport Coordinator signs the bill of lading at pickup, and terminates when the shipper or his Transport Coordinator signs the bill of lading at delivery. AutoStar Transport Express must be notified should the shipper be unavailable for pickup or delivery, and a consignee must be designated at that time. If a car carrier is sent out and the vehicle cannot be picked up for any reason, there will be an additional $100.00 charged to the shipper’s credit card for the dry run fee of the car carrier and/or rescheduling fees. Postponing the transport of a vehicle must be done by the shipper no less than 10 business days prior to the first available pickup date, or will be subject to a $50 rescheduling fee. If the shipper decides to postpone the pickup dates of his/her vehicle(s) beyond 30 days from the original dates, the price of the transport is subject to change based upon current fuel prices for the rescheduled dates.
- AutoStar Transport Express LLC hereby notifies Customer that their vehicle will be driven on and off the transporter, or to and from the transporter at the pickup or delivery site. If a vehicle is NOT operational and/or the carrier cannot physically reach the location, a local tow truck may be used to deliver vehicle to the assigned carrier at the expense of the Customer.
- All vehicles to be delivered with a balance due shall be paid by CASH, MONEY ORDER or CASHIERS CHECK ONLY (US funds). Should delivery be attempted after attempted notification (3 to 24 hours voice notification to phone numbers provided by shipper) and shipper or his Transport Coordinator does not have proper funds or is unavailable to receive delivery, vehicle(s) may be taken to and left at the nearest terminal at the discretion of the carrier, where shipper will have to retrieve and pay for storage or redelivery fees. In the event the shipper decides to arrange to make full payment with a credit card at the time of the booking, the order will be subject to a 3.5% service charge.
- AutoStar Transport Express does not guarantee car shipping by any specific driver/carrier.
- If Customer is shipping an inoperable vehicle, Customer may be required to help load and unload said vehicle at the discretion of the driver. If a vehicle is inoperable and the carrier cannot physically reach the location, a local tow truck may be used to deliver vehicle to the assigned carrier at the expense of the Customer. Should vehicle(s) become inoperable during transport, $200.00 will be due at time of delivery in addition to any other moneys owed. It is Customer’s responsibility to make sure vehicle is in proper working order. INOPERABLE VEHICLES MUST BE ABLE TO ROLL, STEER AND BRAKE. If the inoperable vehicle does not meet any one of these three conditions, additional fees may apply.
- AutoStar Transport Express LLC or its agents will not knowingly transport vehicles with personal or household items in the passenger or trunk compartment. Federal regulation prohibits AutoStar Transport Express LLC or its agents from doing so. If such items are shipped unbeknownst to AutoStar Transport Express LLC or its agents, such items become the sole responsibility of the Customer. Additional fees may apply depending on the weight of the items, and is left solely to the discretion of the carrier assigned.
- AutoStar Transport Express or its Transport Coordinators will not be responsible for vandalism, acts of God (fire, flooding, hail, sand storm, tornadoes, earthquakes) or objects flying from the road or sky during transport. Shippers should maintain their own insurance for these reasons.
- Shipper is responsible for preparing the vehicle(s) for transport: all loose parts, fragile or protruding accessories, low hanging spoilers, fog lights, antennas, etc., must be removed and/or properly secured. Any part that falls off in transit is shipper’s responsibility, including damages done by said part to any and all vehicles involved.
- If damage should occur, all moneys owed for transport must be paid to initiate a claim. Damage must be noted in the proper place on the bill of lading, and signed by driver and shipper, regardless of weather, or time of day. Signing the bill of lading without any notation of damage verifies that shipper or his Transport Coordinator has received the said vehicle in good condition, and that AutoStar Transport Express and are relieved of any further responsibility. Shipper or his Transport Coordinator MUST check vehicle thoroughly.
- AutoStar Transport Express and its Transport Coordinators must also be notified of any damage by phone within 24 hours. Shipper must submit in writing a description of damage, clear pictures, and 2 estimates within 10 days of receipt of said vehicle directly to the designated carrier for any resolution to be initiated. AutoStar Transport Express will support you in this effort should such a problem occur, but in no way will AutoStar Transport Express accept responsibility for any negligence of the assigned carrier. If vehicle is valued at a higher than market rate, we suggest you purchase a special insurance rider.
- Any claim or controversy arising from or relating to this agreement, or the performance or breach thereof, shall be subject to the jurisdiction of Broward County, Florida. Shipper specifically waives any right to have this matter resolved at any other location. AutoStar Transport Express can only be liable for up to the amount of the deposit located on your quotation. In no case can AutoStar Transport Express be held liable for the designated carrier’s damage. AutoStar Transport Express will provide carriers insurance certificate and carrier information should any controversy arise. *
Refund/Cancellation Policy/MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: The option to cancel a shipping order is available at any time, at no cost and with no cancellation fee, as long as the order has not yet been assigned (dispatched) to a carrier. Our services are considered rendered when a carrier is assigned to an order, including maritime transportation. Refunds will be processed within 48 business hours of the cancellation request. Cancellation of an order must be submitted in writing via email sent to customerservice@
autostartransport.com. AutoStar Transport Express does not accept or honor cancellations made via phone call. Once a carrier has been assigned (dispatched) to a shipping order, AutoStar Transport Express notifies Customer via email (to the email address provided at service booking). If Customer decides to cancel the shipping order after a carrier has been dispatched, Service fee will be paid as our services have been rendered. Any remaining balance will be refunded in full.
- AutoStar Transport Express is a licensed and bonded Property Broker. We are responsible for booking the shipment of cars with a licensed and insured Motor Carrier Corporation, who handle their own damage claims. It may take a few weeks to process a claim, since the drivers must return to their terminals with the original Bill of Lading condition reports.
- AutoStar Transport Express LLC will not be responsible for demurrage at any Port Facilities. For Hawaiian / Alaskan / Puerto Rican transports, payment for the sea portion MUST be issued by Customer BEFORE vehicle arrives at the port. Once an order is received, a booking number will be provided to Customer with instructions for issuing payment. Failure to do so may cause delays and /or additional storage fees. For all shipments to or from Hawaii – vehicles MUST be FULLY operational with a working emergency brake, or will be refused for shipment by the port agent. If vehicle is refused by the port agent, Customer will be responsible for all storage and/or redelivery fees of the vehicle.
- By either submitting your order online, sending us your order by fax or by email, AutoStar Transport Express understands you are placing your order and accept the terms and conditions (in lieu of your signature) found here and on AutoStar Transport Express web site.
- Customers must make their vehicle available during the transport time; if the vehicle becomes unavailable at any time after the order has been placed and a carrier has been assigned, AutoStar Transport Express holds the right to cancel the order with no refund. Neither AutoStar Transport Express nor its Transport Coordinators shall be responsible for the following:
- Quoted price for transport is based upon Customer’s FULL DISCLOSURE of the type of vehicle transported. Failure to identify modifications to the vehicle or the true dimensions of the vehicle (including but not limited to: regular cab, extended cab, crew cab, long bed, short bed, diesel, 4X4, flip-top conversion vans, extended length cargo vans, oversized [non-stock] tires or rims, lift kits, ground effects, modifications affecting ground clearance, ladder/roof racks, tool boxes, etc.) may result in additional fees. If a carrier is assigned and is unable to load vehicle due to non-disclosure of information by the Customer, AutoStar Transport Express reserves the right to cancel the order with no refund. Damage to undercarriage, exhaust system, suspension, wheel bearings, tie downs, brakes, alignment, tuning, charging system or battery. (No evaluation is made of these components or systems at pickup location) therefore AutoStar Transport Express or its Transport Coordinators do not accept responsibility for them. – Damage not detected at pickup location due to poor weather or lighting conditions. – Damage to car phones or antenna under any condition (suggests that they may be removed) – Loss of or damage to audio or video equipment not installed at the factory. Including antenna that does not retract to within 3 inches of the vehicles body. – Damage or fines incurred because shipper left personal or household items in vehicle. – Damage caused by fluids or objects flying up from the roadway, or out of the sky. – Damage to cloth or vinyl convertible or decorative tops over 2 years old. – Damage to T-tops, boots, bras, caps, or any other type of canvas covering. – Damage caused by leaking fluids, such as battery acid, motor oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, power steering fluid, radiator coolant, or fallout resulting from acts of god. – Damage caused by freezing of cooling system and/or battery. – Damage caused by failure of factory tie-downs or pull through from tie-down holes. – Damage to, or caused by any vehicle that cannot be driven on or off the transport under its own power. (Vehicle will not run, or has lost its braking system).
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
Your Access to and Control over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page. While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.